How much cooling do I really need?

JN359

n00b
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
11
First of all, how exactly do I go about finding the temps of inside my case?

Now onto my question about cooling. This is my system:

Corsair Value Select (Dual Pack) 184 Pin 512MBx2 DDR
CHAINTECH "SKT600" KT600 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU
AMD Sempron 2400+ 1.667GHz, Socket A Processor
SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9600 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "ATLANTIS RADEON 9600"

Right now I have 2 80mm fans in the back blowing exhaust and 2 80mm fans on the side for intake. It's kind of noisy right now, and I wondered if I could get by with just having 1 in the back and 1 on the side?.
 
well that would depend on your temperatures

get motherboard monitor 5 and check
 
BigTaf said:
well that would depend on your temperatures

get motherboard monitor 5 and check
MBM 5 doesn't work with my mobo. Got another suggestion?
 
if your running stock speeds, you could get by with just 1 80mm exhaust fan.
 
JN359 said:
Remote: 39c
Local: 55c

According to Speedfan.

hmm that seems pretty warm already. Not sure id advise you to take away a rear exhaust fan, why dont you try just un plugging one temporarily and see what happens to your temps
 
Back
Top