How much cheaper can DDR3 get? 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1333, $110 shipped AR

In that configuration, I guess it is cheap, but in 4x4GB, it can be had for $60.00

Wait ten years, buy the same sticks for $10 each on ebay?

Why? I mean, unless you really really really really really really want the most ram possible, just get a couple 2x4gb kits for $30 each.

I guess if you want to run a ramdisk. Or are working with some really really massive files, then maybe it's worth it.
In that configuration, I guess it is cheap, but in 4x4GB, it can be had for $60.00
Wait ten years, buy the same sticks for $10 each on ebay?
If you're not in the market, don't spend your money. It was your choice to open this thread, even though the title leaves no ambiguity regarding what to expect. Some of us actually have a use for it, even if you haven't.

I got nothing against RAM...running 12 gigs here

you did ask how much cheaper it could get

Well, $55 per 8gb isn't that bad a price by any means. Pales in comparison to my 24gb for $55 though :D

Not sure about the thread title, this is NOT cheap DDR3. Might be cheap for what it is, but 16GB of DDR3 should be less in the $60 range at most.

Not sure about the thread title, this is NOT cheap DDR3. Might be cheap for what it is, but 16GB of DDR3 should be less in the $60 range at most.

For those of us trying to get 32 gig in a box this is awesome. (One of these days I'm gonna have to start buying dual CPU systems)

Back