How much can I lower my 2D clocks?

rahavsmt

Gawd
Someone said in other thread that the lower 2D clocks is to reduce the power consumption and heat output. So if clocks speed is directly related to power consumption and heat output, how much can I lower my 2D clocks? Say 200 core and 800 memory. Even at that clocks I think it's more than enough for 2D application with G80 core.

Someone said in other thread that the lower 2D clocks is to reduce the power consumption and heat output. So if clocks speed is directly related to power consumption and heat output, how much can I lower my 2D clocks? Say 200 core and 800 memory. Even at that clocks I think it's more than enough for 2D application with G80 core.

I would say it is safe to do it that much.

You see, the thing is, when you lower your clocks you lower the amount of heat output. Therefore you may also wish to lower your 2D Fan speeds, in order to save even more power.

Only downside i could foresee is some cards do have a cold bug so when you want to actually play a game the card might not run right until its heated up.

At least i know my 7800GS has it pretty bad.

Back