Votes: 4 1.8%
  • 1000 and up

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • who cares, ill keep my logitech combo

Votes: 31 13.6%

• Total voters
Collector said:
Here is an alternative: Keyboard

Why would anyone spend more than single digits on a keyboard? They're just for typing. I could see spending a few bucks more for one of those old ones with the positive "clicks" but not for something with fancy keys.

I'm still using the keyboard that came with my 386 and I still haven't gotten my money out of it.

Bullshit.

How else do you interface with your machine? Telepathy? You have a mouse (2 to 8 buttons) and a keyboard.

The keyboard is critical to the productivity of a machine.

jen4950 said:
Bullshit.

How else do you interface with your machine? Telepathy? You have a mouse (2 to 8 buttons) and a keyboard.

WTF are you talking about lol.

Did you quote the wrong person? He did say he is using a keyboard from his old 386. He didnt say he wasnt using one.

besides which you pretty much dump the keyboard all together if its primarilly graphics aps
I rarely use the keyboard on the workstation, my Intous Tablet does +90% of the interface work

Originally posted by jen4950
Bullshit.

Uh, which part of my post was bullshit? The part where I said they were just for typing? Correct me if I'm wrong but I use my keyboard for pressing keys. Is there some other wonderfully orgasmic function that they can do that I'm not aware of.

If the keyboard is critical to the productivity of a computer will a $200 keyboard be 10 times as productive as a $20 keyboard?

By the way, I think you're desk building project is really cool.

If it costs more than 300, it better have the durability of the old IBM keyboards. I still have one of those - the thing just wont break, the worst thats been done aside from spilling drinks and throwing it (sometimes you lose CS ok?) would be slamming it in a car door at a LAN, and it still works perfectly.

$50-60 is the max I'd pay...

It's kind of cool but not needed at all.

100-200.

I just hope it's impossible for websites/spyware/malware to change the displays on the keys or else we'll be seeing ads popping up on them. Though the spacebar would be perfect for stock tickers.

I can also see myself switching a few keys around just for the hunt & peck people that use my PC from time to time. :D

This is genius for point of sale type operations or shipping operations. You now have a blank template for configuring your system.

Imagine if you were in an international airport. You could now have a PC system that ANYBODY could use.

Children could now use a PC easier because you could have the game modify the keyboard to allow easy correlation of keys to what they see on the screen. Think about this.

Imagine a person who cannot type. The keys could flash based upon what they are supposed type. It could accelerate their learning curve.

I just wish people would get out of the "me" stage and look at bigger picture of what this could do.

I want it for me, and me alone. :)

I'de pay up to $400 if it included a lifetime warranty.

I'd have to cap myself at $200... not by choice... but somehow the woman always knows when I've squandered money :confused: ;)

Amen Gamerz

This is a "neat" product, but not necessary. Personally I hate straight keyboards, and yes I can type, so I would want an ergonomic version. I believe that it is a nice product and has serveral useful features like teaching me the keys of a new game, but after I have those down, the featureset becomes moot.

I think a price of $180 american is the max price I would pay for this keyboard. Very nice, most likely out of a price range I would consider for an input device, but so are the Logitech Dinovo keyboards (mostly considering their short range, and lack of ergonomics). I would hope a device like this would carry a substantial if not lifetime warranty. there are alot of parts that could break, I would hate for that to happen and someone be out 200-500 bones.

I do see one glaring disadvantage and that is glare on a monitor...

Treyshadow said:
I do see one glaring disadvantage and that is glare on a monitor...

can be easily addressed
I have dual 21" monitors at 38.5" off the floor
(one third down from the screen edge is eye level)
while the keyboard desktop is 8.5" lower (30") and there are no reflections possible
also since the keyboard is angled toward you the vast majority of light emited would be away from the monitors

Did anyone even read the FAQ? LOL

It’s in the initial stage of production.

We hope it will be released in 2006.

It will cost less than a good mobile phone.

It will be real.

It will be OS-independent (at least it’s going to be able to work in some default state with any OS).

It will support any language or layout.

Moscow is the capital of Russia.

Each key could be programmed to produce any sequence.

It will be an open-source keyboard, SDK will be available.

Some day it will be split (and made “ergonomic”).

It will most likely use the OLED technology (e-paper is sooo slow).

Our studio is located two blocks from the Kremlin.

It will feature a key-saver.

Keys could be animated when needed.

It has a numeric keypad because we love it.

There’s no snow in Moscow in summer.

It will be available worldwide (why not?)

OEM is possible (why not?)

Trepidati0n said:
I just wish people would get out of the "me" stage and look at bigger picture of what this could do.

How could I get out of the 'me' stage given that the original question was how much are you willing to pay for this...

$200 max, with a good RMA policy in case of dead pixels. And whoa, it got a new buyer like me.

This keyboard simply boost the power to do stuff more effective on a computer, like customised data entry programs.

If I was gunan buy one, it be sheerly just about being able to customise it just how i like it. So I could have the satisfaction that no one else in the WORLD would have a keyboard looking like mine.

I spent hours making my own theme for my mobile, and I coudl see myself doing the same if I ever got such a keyboard.

It's all about personalisation, and I'm willing to pay for that... :cool:

No way on this earth im paying that kinda cash for those features. My keyboards take a beating (literally) from LAN parties, and gaming and I wouldnt use it on my machine even for free. Ill stick with my free keyboards. $100 + for a damn keyboard? Hell no....

Especially if it has an external power supply, thats just stupid.

That keyboard looks badass. If it is high quality and does what they claim I'll be all over it. However no matter how cool it is, I can't bring myself to spend over $200 for a keyboard. $50-100 sure why not. Even $200 if its really badass. More than that no way.

Collector said:
Uh, which part of my post was bullshit? The part where I said they were just for typing? Correct me if I'm wrong but I use my keyboard for pressing keys. Is there some other wonderfully orgasmic function that they can do that I'm not aware of.

If the keyboard is critical to the productivity of a computer will a $200 keyboard be 10 times as productive as a $20 keyboard?

By the way, I think you're desk building project is really cool.

Lol dont worry shes just a confused girl

carloboy said:
well for $500 it better scrub my back and drive my car

and to other tasks only my GF does......

like my laundry! :cool:

(c'mon, had to keep it somewhat family oriented....)

In all honesty, <$100 for that thing.

$40 is the tops I ever paid for a KB and that was due to the Woot.com deal on the saitek eclipse.... Usually I go to staples and pick up their $15 Logitech el-cheapo if mine ever breaks. FPS's are just too harsh on them.

its official, hardforum readers have brains.
i havent even dropped the 30 bones yet on an illuminated keybaord and yet we're here talking bout 100's of dollars on a keyboard.
lol

sorry to bump the oldness, but since its coming out right around the corner.
lets get some more bets in

:D

Back