Votes: 33 14.5%
  • 500-1000

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • 1000 and up

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • who cares, ill keep my logitech combo

Votes: 31 13.6%

• Total voters
If it works with and comes with / be able to DL Drivers for Win 2000 / XP 32 and 64, Linux and MAC OSX....

I would pay no more than 300$ USD retail

yeah, I would say maybe 5% of this forum would actually pay over 800 for this KB

I'd pay up to $500 for one, IF it has good build quality and a good feel.

I would not buy one. I don't care how cool it is, I just have more important things to buy, like more RAM, a better video card, etc.

Some combination of USMC's and Saturnine's comments. Love the application, but it'd still better be a good keyboard aside from that or it's a novelty item at best.

its nice and all but for me, id pay $30-$50 and that i already consider as "splurging"

That's pretty damn cool- I'd blow $500 on it; only if it's wireless.

if it was programable........and other options such as:

if windows updates are avil, it will light up near the IE icon or something

same with any program update you have an icon for

umm......it NEEDS media buttons, i think all keyboards need, back/forard volume, pause/play launch media player ect ect

umm, and something to clean it with, and hope its spill proof like most Logitech keyboards

and wireless, i think all keyboards need to be wireless these days, gaming or not, i game with a wireless and works very well......

if that keyboard comes out, it will prolly be roughing 180-200ish

i wont buy anything like that, i think its eye candy.........but for photoshoppers that looks pretty leet......tho i think it has good idea to it, just needs better options

like if you get e mail blink the outlook, gmail, yahoo ect icon for you have mail :p

soulsaver_8229

well truely leet people don't need to look at their keyboard to know what to press :)
if not by touch by common sense, PS commands are easy, Q for quick mask, W for the Magic wand, E for Eraser and B for brush (there's more but those are the must used for me)

I never got the appeal of the z-boards, who looks at their keyboard while playing a game anyway?

I think $25-100 MAX. There are function buttons, I think there is a picture of all the shortcut type stuff on the website.

You should have scaled it like:
$<50
$50-100
$100-150
$150-250
$250-500
$500+
Or maybe even more low end $ choices.

BTW, I would love everything to automatically change to what the game controls are. That would be sweet. Good for those little known buttons and RTS game shortcuts. And stuff like KOTOR menu shortcuts, etc. Just all kinds of stuff!

If it kept up with the games that come out, that would rock because then you would instantly know all of the buttons. I wouldn't pay more than 100 bucks for any keyboard, but that's got some sweet potential.

Once I find a use for it I might actually be interested in buying one. For now <30 Euro, wired QWERTY keyboards work fine for me :)

I was seriously considering this, http://66.161.45.19/ , but before I could convince my self to spend $80 on a keyboard I read some bad reviews about key action and drivers. The optimus would be a lot cooler than this. I would give $100-$120 if it was bundled with good software to let me map and create my own key designs.

P.S. And as soon as somebody hacks the KGB mind control hardware installed in it.

i knew nobody was willing to pay a grand for this.
By the time it actually comes out, ill probably have my own personal robot that does my typing.
:D

Looks kewl and all... but dead pixels are not something I want to worry about on my keyboard.

up to a 100 bucks. I won't be able to get it for that price, i know.

Also, only if it's a good keyboard beside the OLED stuff.

If it came in an ergonomic option I'd gladly blow a bunch of money on it.

But for now, my 6 year old MS Natural Elite is still my best friend.

I might pay $100-$150+ but I would have to know it would last for 5-10 years (ie. built like the old Lexmark/IBM keyboards). It would have to be cleanable as well - those Lexmark keyboards can easily survive a good soaking and cleaning.

And multimedia buttons would be important, I don't think people would want to pay extra for a keyboard that has the bare minimum of keys.

I'm not a big fan of the totally flat keys. I think the tops would have to be cupped before I would buy it. And the feel of the keys is very important - no chicklets.

£100 for the basic unit but £500 if someone made a quick pr0n key images for it (images of different boobies on every key:)

G.

ya what if they had keys that organzied the pron for you.
latin/asian/... and so forth.
nvm me i had a long weekend
:cool:

Man, some of you guys are cheap bastards. I mean come on, you use the keyboard ALL the time. Everyday. That's like dropping $400 on a video card and getting a 15" curved POS CRT monitor. If my keyboard lasts longer than the rest of my computer before it's obsolete, then I don't mind spending extra for a good one.

BTW, it must be a HUGE pain to type out a message in-game with that Z-board.

^^^ Cheap?? C'mon... We're talking about a keyboard... An object that even halfway decent typists *never* look at. Something like a keyboard should not need 120 tiny LCD screens to glare on your monitor.

Yes, there is a certain geek factor that says hey wow I dont date but at least my shortcut keys light up while Im whacking it...

Rune75 said:
but at least my shortcut keys light up while Im whacking it...

LOL.

man i seriously have a problem spending that much cash on a friggin keyboard... a good gaming mouse is ~$60 max. for me, no way i'd spend over a hundred bucks on that keyboard.

I'm thinking this would be a great tool for professional translators, or anyone highly specialized in a particular piece of software. For games or the average user it would make much more sense to just buy cheap keyblocks and print your own templates for them.

Man, some of you guys are cheap bastards. I mean come on, you use the keyboard ALL the time. Everyday. That's like dropping $400 on a video card and getting a 15" curved POS CRT monitor. If my keyboard lasts longer than the rest of my computer before it's obsolete, then I don't mind spending extra for a good one.

Good point.

After I play around with it to test duriablity, quality, etc....Then I would not mind spending $300 if it "all that"

Why is everyone assuming it's going to be so expensive?

I don't see why this can't be made and sold for £50 if mass produced, which is about what I may actually be willing to spend on something like this.

My knowledge of oled technology is limited, but I didn't think it was a massively rare and expensive comodity as people seem to be assuming.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this though. ;)

*edit*

quote from their site:

It will cost less than a good mobile phone
So I guess that's very roughly £100-£200

Here is an alternative: Keyboard

Why would anyone spend more than single digits on a keyboard? They're just for typing. I could see spending a few bucks more for one of those old ones with the positive "clicks" but not for something with fancy keys.

I'm still using the keyboard that came with my 386 and I still haven't gotten my money out of it.

upriverpaddler said:
I was seriously considering this, http://66.161.45.19/

Ive been seriously considering these
http://www.devlin.co.uk/devlin_keyboards/kiosk_keyboards.html
since they are just the faces, Id build a casement

Collector said:
Here is an alternative: Keyboard

Why would anyone spend more than single digits on a keyboard?

Im sick and tired of buying @$#@!!#$@ keyboards
they screw up at the worse #$#@$#%% time :p

can you tell I lost my only surviving USB keyborad yesterday, the one that runs 4 computers via the KVM?
$#@$%^$# PS2 keyboards all over the %$##%%# place

spine said:
quote from their site:
It will cost less than a good mobile phone

So I guess that's very roughly £100-£200
I know a "good" higher end cell phone costs 350-400$ usd here... So if anyone wants to burgle my house because they think I might get one of these keyboards, you can stop right now unless they are 50$. Then I might concider it.

I think that interview on the link from the [H] page said $100-200. Or was it $200-300?

It's a lot, but If you could make huge pictures over the keyboard that would be hawt.

well they certainly are cool, and I wouldnt be able to wear off the characters :p
I'll wait and see how well they hold up and let the initial price drop happen, once they are old news then maybe

Well, like many others, I can't throw away my money. If this keyboard will do the same job (no better) than a good quality $20 keyboard, it had better offer me something else as well.
Of Course, I paid $50 for my current USB keyboard, $20 more than I should have, but it Does match my case and lighting.
This keyboard can be customized to look slick on any desk, and can be recustomized to match any future cases I may have.
I'd pay up to $100 for one.

if this thing has moving parts, such as the keys, couldn't stuff fail? I mean, it would really suck to have to replace one of those LCDs. RMA my keyboard for dead pixels? There better be a good warranty, or a very sturdy and long lasting product. Keyboards take a lot of abuse in any setting.

Back