how many watts for 8 hard drives?

Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
517
What capacity power supply is recommended for 8 hard drives and a socket 939 modo with a pci express graphics card (nothing crazy power consumption wise)?
 
civic00typer said:
Thanks, so you are recommending that I don't go below 500 watts for this setup?
Actually you don't need 500W's, but because you have both a PCIe card & 8 HDD's, plus opticals, fans, etc,
I want a single powerful +12V rail. I also want a strong +5V rail as the drives use this as well.

The OCZ PowerStream 420W would also be fine, however it cost almost as much as the Sparkle.

The OCZ ModStreams would also work.

Dave ;)
 
My only concern with a powersupply is something with enough watts to handle the spin up of eight drives, and with enough connectors. How many y adapters can i have on 1 power cable whcih is typically split into two?
 
Back
Top