• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How many watts for 5820?

davewolfs

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 7, 2006
Messages
338
I'm putting together an ITX desktop system.

Basically going to do.
5820
16GB DDR4
Asrock X99
Gtx 970/980
1 SSD
Possibly a cooler like X61 Kraken

Can I get by with 450-520 watts? Eg Seasonic fanless or am I better off moving up higher?

I have an old anec signature 850. It's not even made anymore. Not sure if it can be used.
 
Don't get a fanless Seasonic for that build. Those are efficient parts but it's going to put a little bit of a load on a smaller PSU. I know Silverstone does 80+ Gold SFF PSU's and they offer an SFF cable kit too. I can't vouch for it but they seem popular. My recommendation always goes to Seasonic, unless you're made of money, then BeQuiet!. A quality 550w unit from Seasonic would be enough. If you pick the 980, the Seasonic X650 might be a great choice for you.
 
Back
Top