how many times have you activated winxp?

andré2005

Limp Gawd
me, i had done it this month 3 times. and i have lost the count of how many times i did it over all, probably more than 20 times, this is getting a little boring!

everytime i call them i lie about how many computers i have install it on, if you say the truth they tell you to buy a new copy... it happen 2 times.

I must have formated at least 20 times this month, I thought my HDD's were going to fry because I formated so many times.

Maybe...a dozen on my personal computer, close to maybe 20 times total if you include all the computers I do.

Too many to put a number on. Maybe 30? on just my box with my single copy of XP pro.

I have had to call them a few times and tell them I fried my mobo overclocking so Im gonna format, but other than that. No big deal.

People make activating XP alot more than it is. Its a simple process. If you have a legit copy.

Just go out and buy it if you dont have it, its only like 180$ at newegg or something. If you cant afford it, you shouldnt be building computers anyway(I hate kids) [Note: This is not directed at the person who started this post, just for all the in genreal n00bs out their]

I have done it so many times I can't even remember the exact number. When having to call MS to activate I always just tell them my HD died and I had to reinstall. I have never had any problems activating.

If anyone is looking for a legit copy of XP Pro check out my for sale thread http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=894380

GlobalFear said:

I haven't ever either and it's not because I'm a hacker, it's because I have the enterprise version that doesn't need activation. Working in the IT field has it's advantages... :D

None. I obtained a legal copy of WinXP, then just use a corporate install.
And before anyone cries "foul", that is perfectly legal (I'm not in the USA).

newls1 said:
I must have formated at least 20 times this month, I thought my HDD's were going to fry because I formated so many times.

what could you be possibly f-ing up that much that requires you to format almost everyday in a month...and if your doing it everyday then why the hell would you activate everytime.

USMC2Hard4U said:
Just go out and buy it if you dont have it, its only like 180$ at newegg or something. If you cant afford it, you shouldnt be building computers anyway(I hate kids) [Note: This is not directed at the person who started this post, just for all the in genreal n00bs out their]

140 for pro, 90 for home.
:)

wtburnette said:
I haven't ever either and it's not because I'm a hacker, it's because I have the enterprise version that doesn't need activation. Working in the IT field has it's advantages... :D
I was joking............

None. I have corporate copies (legit from work. Boss Ok'ed it) although I have had to do it on other people's PC.

3 times and then after that since i own a legit copy i found a work around for the activation just saves me the headache

I actually have 3 legit copies one for each of my machines. Sometimes I forget which license goes on which one though :rolleyes: Probably a dozen times across the 3 machines, never had a problem but then I've never had to lie either. I just tell them I'm upgrading parts.

I have a copy my friend gave me. It validates and updates legit. I have no clue if it is or not since I've never activated it.

Don't know the number of times on my NFR XP Pro that I kept transfering through the various iterations of my main machine, 0 on the lappy as it's preactivated and Toshiba has a nice Ghost image for their restore.

YGPM..

I think ive probbably registered about 60 times, and RE-Registered about 20.. god i hate MS.. but i found a loophole :)

-Evil Juggalo

Probably 20 times over the last 2 1/2 years. At one point I did it 8 times in one month. I was O/C my Asus A7N8X Deluxe v1.04, and had an unlocked Barton 2500 so I was adjusting the multis. Every time you did that XP counted that as a CPU "change". Added to that I was running an SATA drive on the mobo and their were problems with SATA drivers corrupting the HD. It was hell for a while.

Finally I bought Ghost and a DVD burner and that solved that.

Back