• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How many RAM heatsinks for 8000GT?

When I watercooled my Palit 8800 GT 1GB version, I had to purchase the:
Swiftech MC8800 SMC RAM/MOSFET/IO Heatsinks

Also, I went out and got thermal adhesive (note this is a glue style compound not thermal compound)
Arctic Silver Premium Silver Thermal Adhesive 2 X 3.5 Grams

The combination works great, I ended up using 8 of the ram heatsinks and the thermal adhesive glued those bad boys down permanently.
Works amazing!

Thats my $0.02
 
You will need 13 of those -so two packs

8 for memory chips, four for the voltage regulators, but one of the voltage regulators is in a really tight space.

You probably will need to saw one in half because one of the voltage regulators is in a narrow space. The custom sinks have one narrow sink that covers three of the regulators, but a standard sink will cover only two. Half memory sink needs to be attached to the one left over in this gully.

If the ramsinks don't have spare pads, you'll need spare thermal tape (I'd get spare thermal tape anyway because getting them to stick first time isn't always easy)

http://www.anandtech.com/casecoolingpsus/showdoc.aspx?i=3249&p=4

These pics helped me a lot
 
Yesterday I ordered the (8) RAM sinks from Petra's. A couple of days prior to this order I tried to purchase the Pro Mount Kit. However, the order was never filled due to an error of their online stock. Anyways, I talked to a representative, perhaps the owner, Alex, and he said he would include (3) additional heatsinks for free! Can't complain about that. I just hope that will enough. If I understand you correctly "a standard sink will cover two" of the VRs. Therefore, I believe that after I cut one, I will have enough. Thanks for all the info guys.
 
Back
Top