Votes: 85 15.4%
  • More than 1 a day.

Votes: 33 6.0%

• Total voters

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
How many of you purchase "energy drinks?"

Please keep this thread on topic and keep your rants for the General Mayhem section of our forum. Thanks.

Got no use for energy drinks myself, unless coffee and the occasional coke count...

The ones I drink the most, in order of frequency:
Bawls
Amp
Vault
Starbucks Doubleshot

plenty...
in no particular order

Monster
Java Monster
Bawls
Sobe Adrenaline rush
Coolah
Rockstar
The blue agave full throttle
gator
ALL of the XTZ's just too damn many

This is a highly competitive market for sure. The better ones tend to be the "natural" ones with NO High Fructose Corn Syrup - that increases the cost, but the health factor is worth it.

I've tried Red Bull twice. It tasted like a horrific liquid Sweet Tart.

I drink Dr Pepper now and then, that's the only caffeine I get.

Tend to enjoy starbucks double shot/iced coffee in particular.

The stuff loaded in wacky stimulants and HFCS just make me feel crappy I find.

Personally, I don't care for them. Bawls is okay, kinda like the 7-Up of energy drinks. Red Bull reminds me of cough syrup, as does Jagermeister, although there are lots of people who like both. That would include my husband, although he's trying to limit consumption these days. :)

Jolt Ultra (very little taste, almost like carbonated water)
Vault (decent)
Bawls (hard to find in my area)
Sobe Fear (tastes good)

After going through a ton of different vendors (Monster tastes like an armpit) I've settled on two.

Since I am diabetic, the sugar has to go, and that severely limits my choices.
#1 for me is Sobe NoFear Sugar Free (silver can)
#2 is Rockstar Zero Carb

I honestly like the taste of both, but the NoFear is the best one I have ever had. Love it. I seek it out and buy lots of it when I locate it, as it is hard to find.

Ewww...rockstar...aftertaste :insert disgusted smile here:
IMO Monster then full throttle

Anyone tried Redline yet?:D

Amp when I just need an energy drink, Red Bull and Ketel One when I go out.

I drink one or two a day, diet only. The Sobe & Monster sugar free taste the best IMO, but can't match the kick of a Red Bull.

[H] energy drink? :confused:

Does tea count? If you just want caffeine get caffeine pills. So much cheaper than the energy drinks

I had a bawls about 3 years ago, tasted fine. Not much of a kick.

I buy one whenever I'm feeling really tired in the morning, and need some caffiene (don't like coffee).

I like:
Monster (best)
Rockstar (ok)
Bawlz (also meh)

I am a Monster Energy fan myself. The regular 16oz. can will keep me going for a few hours on little sleep :D

I only drink water.

On the other hand, I know someone who drank an entire pot of coffee. :eek: He was shaking so badly. :D

If you just want caffeine get caffeine pills. So much cheaper than the energy drinks

I might try those for school exams. I usually just take naps. They work for me.

I voted one a day. I usually drink one every day before I go to work, and sometimes on other occasions. For instance, I was off Sunday but drank one for the hell of it before going boating (and water skiing), then one before going paint balling, so that was two for the day... I'll probably consume eight or nine for the week. I also tend to drink them whenever I'm driving long distances.

Can't say I have purchased energy drinks. I'm more of a regular caffeine guy.

Not quite one a day, but one every two days average I guess. Mostly RedBull.

Diet Rockstar @ Costco. $28.99 for 24 x16oz cans.

1 a days keeps the doctor away...er...heart surgeon near.

the original flavor monster and the code red mountain dew amped are my faves...ive tried alot of the other ones (almost every brand that the 7-11 by me carries) and those 2 are the ones i always go back to.

NOS is the only one that doesn't taste like urine, but I rarely buy an energy drink.

I like the starbucks frapuccino bottles and mountain dew though.

Not into energy drinks, just soda. Main reason for not gettting them is the price.

NO WAY!

The only caffeine I get is from drinking coffee, Pepsi (Or Coca-cola), and the occasional espresso. lol, 16 and pounding it out. Which is better than I can say for most of my classmates. Most of the attention/whores in the Band room drink so much of these energy drinks that on a few days I could see them shaking from the caffeine! No wonder they are so cranky, they have shitty lives, get no sleep, and the females only like gay guys. :eek:

i guess mountain dew code red and the orange version don't count as energy drinks, do they? they are what i like :)

Copious amounts of tea. Lots and lots of tea. Earl Grey, Dilmah normal, English Breakfast, China Black, green, peppermint, Lady Grey... nothing like a good old cuppa. Made in a proper tea pot from a good brand, for best taste.

Can't stomach paying $2.50 NZD for one can of drink, and the very smell of coffee makes me feel physically nauseous. I do like Mountain Dew, I just don't like the sugar and the price.

I don't consume energy drinks daily, but I'll pick up a couple over the course of a week to make it through the night.

Bookoo (Citrus) - I buy this one because it's a 24oz can, and doesn't taste like ass.
Bawls - It doesn't 'do much' for me, but I still like the taste and bottle design.

I sleep poorly enough, I don't need to make it worse. I usually have one cup of coffee in the morning and sometimes a tea later in the morning. I mostly drink water after that, though I'll have the occasional iced tea or Mt. Dew Livewire. I can't even drink caffeine after 5pm or I can't go to sleep or toss and turn all night. Sucks, but I don't like pop much anyway, so it works out.

Can't do it, too many calories, gotta watch my figure ;)

I drink plenty of diet soda and coffee, though.

only occasionally, like when i have to make it thru a full day of work after a full night of drinking... :D

Bawls is not an ''energy drink''. Bawls is considered by the FDA a "highly caffinated ,carbonated beverage".

So TECHNICALLY, it can't be listed here. ;)

Nvrmind that, however.

In order of BESTEST!
to worstest.

Bawls - Suger-free REDBULL (Tied for first, I like Bawls WAY more, but SF REDBULL is impossibly easier to find and get ahold of.)
Sobe

Other then those three, I almost ALWAYS try a new drink if I see it :)
I drink water almost ALL day long, so having an energy drink once or twice a day will not even touch my figure ;)

Back