How many of you have a 980X and OC?

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
Just wanted to see who has a 980X and is OCing. Seeing what kinda speeds you are able to hit, and some specifics like what Cooling, what mobo, what Bclk, what Uncore and Memory speeds etc.

I am thinking about getting one, but at $1000 I want as much data as I can get from all of you who have them :)

Thanks all

That's a lot of power. Have you looked at the 950 which just dropped in price to $300.00?

That's a lot of power. Have you looked at the 950 which just dropped in price to $300.00?

I used to have a 920 D0 last year and overclocked it to 4Ghz. And I sold it. So now I want to do the 980X and see what I can do with 32nm.

I oc mine, but I don't have too. It makes my F@H workloads run faster, but for day to day stuff stock speeds are fine. I run mine at 28x143, just because its an easy, no brain clock. With an H50, my temps run about 64C with that overclock on 1.25 volts.

To be honest, if you have a 980x.... you should be overclocking. If I had one, I'd spend a stack to cool that down along with my setup. So if your willing to spend about $1750, go ahead and buy it. If your going to run it on air or stock speeds, somehow get your 920 back and drop it in water =P

I just want to see people's thoughts on this

I tend to say yes it is plenty, maybe over kill

Back