How many of you guys are playing guild wars 2?

Ya. Game was fun at first but in the end it all i did was realized i would rather be playing wow than this if i wanted to get back into mmo's. Gw2 just didn't grab me, the pvp feels shallow and that was the main reason i wanted the game.

Got to 80, got geared, the pvp wasnt good due mostly to the scrub friendly healing and revive systems so I stopped playing.

I went back to ww2 online and to spite the fact its 11 years old it still stands up.

Did anyone else notice the very distinct lack of community in GW2 as well?

I tried to play it with my GF and we were both having fun, but then the personal quest lines end up tearing you apart from each other, or requiring you to "ghost" into an instance to help each other out randomly.

Things just became clunky trying to level together, maybe it gets better past 30 but I seriously doubt it.

We've shelved it and picked up WoW again, it's new to her and leveling together is very easy now.

Did anyone else notice the very distinct lack of community in GW2 as well?

I tried to play it with my GF and we were both having fun, but then the personal quest lines end up tearing you apart from each other, or requiring you to "ghost" into an instance to help each other out randomly.

Things just became clunky trying to level together, maybe it gets better past 30 but I seriously doubt it.

We've shelved it and picked up WoW again, it's new to her and leveling together is very easy now.

Yep.... I hardly spoke with anyone on that game... didn't really have much of a community

I hit a wall in it very early on. I only got to 16 or so on any class. I think part of the problem for me was I didn't enjoy the skills. I found the initial discovery of weapon skills cool, but the actual skills you could buy with points did nothing for me.

On top of that I found the gear boring so I found very little reason to keep playing. I didn't even try all the classes since they only give you 5 slots.

Still playing but I'm taking my sweet ass time, getting 100% map completion, events, etc. I REALLY like this game!

Yep.... I hardly spoke with anyone on that game... didn't really have much of a community

The idea of the game is to remove the requirement of being in a group of players to progress through the game. There are dungeons run where yes, you have to organize a party, but for the main part of the game, that's not required. And honestly this is why I love the game. The concept is when an event start, random people can come together, do the event, defeat the boss and then carry on on your own way. No need for any organizing or looking for party to defeat a boss.

If you want to be in a community, try joining an active guild with hundreds of members. I'd imagine the guild chat would be active if the members are active.

The world chat unfortunately is only confined to each individual map chat. There isn't any chat feature for the entire server. This is why its quiet most of the time and people only say something when a meta event start because the number of players in each map are very small.

If you go somewhere like Lion's Arch then the chat is pretty active because that map is filled with many players at any time.

Game seems dead from 40 to 70 IMO. Hardly anyone in timberline, spark fly fen or dredgehaunt even on a full server like jade quarry

I sitll play about an hour per day, but it doesn't hold my interest like the original did. The skill system is terrible in comparison to the first game. Weapon based skills suck compared to the original game. Part of the charm and fun of the first game was the hundreds of skills you had to choose from and trying to figure out how to make them work with the weapon you wanted to use. With GW 2, you basically have a few weapons you can use per class and Anet has already chosen which skills you will use with them, its not your choice anymore. The only real variety you get is with the trait system but that's not nearly as fun as choosing which skills you want to use.

The idea of the game is to remove the requirement of being in a group of players to progress through the game. There are dungeons run where yes, you have to organize a party, but for the main part of the game, that's not required. And honestly this is why I love the game. The concept is when an event start, random people can come together, do the event, defeat the boss and then carry on on your own way. No need for any organizing or looking for party to defeat a boss.

If you want to be in a community, try joining an active guild with hundreds of members. I'd imagine the guild chat would be active if the members are active.

The world chat unfortunately is only confined to each individual map chat. There isn't any chat feature for the entire server. This is why its quiet most of the time and people only say something when a meta event start because the number of players in each map are very small.

If you go somewhere like Lion's Arch then the chat is pretty active because that map is filled with many players at any time.

Pretty much. Seen a lot of 'non-social' based comments. My personal experience is that I've met tons of people and whenever I run into a group of people we immediately start questing together. Must be just my luck. Sometimes YOU have to be the one that initiates conversations. Works like that in real life as well.

Guild Wars 2 became very boring for me. I did get to level 54 but I had stopped enjoying myself long before that. At least the game is F2P so I can fire it up in 6 months or so and check out the changes.

Game seems dead from 40 to 70 IMO. Hardly anyone in timberline, spark fly fen or dredgehaunt even on a full server like jade quarry

Mid level being empty was my experience as well. Once I got into Straits of Devastation, there was tons of people running events there.

Yeah, I don't see many people on my server either. Can't remember my server name but it had Medium pop when I joined.

I olny started 3 weeks ago so I am not burned out yet.

So much like WoW to me. Like WoW lite, less filling and less taste.

Fun, I guess and I am playing more than I should. For no monthly fee I will play it as often as I re-upped for WoW.

just talked to one of my buds that was playing.
He was very turned off by the skills or lack of.
Here are your 3 crap skills and your 2 junk skills.

DO WHAT????

thats how he put it.
No customization....I guess they decided that all the nerfing they did in 1 was just too much work LOL

Yeah, I don't see many people on my server either. Can't remember my server name but it had Medium pop when I joined.

I olny started 3 weeks ago so I am not burned out yet.

So much like WoW to me. Like WoW lite, less filling and less taste.

Fun, I guess and I am playing more than I should. For no monthly fee I will play it as often as I re-upped for WoW.

It's nowhere near as good as wow. It all comes down to skills and the crap underwater combat that you're forced into. There's NOTHING special about the skills. In wow I got Shadowform, vampiric touch, etc. Heck even Lightwell was interesting. In GW you get nothing special.

Yes the environments are cool, but not nearly as good as WoW's environments.

I actually thought the zones and environment were awesome in GW2. Lion's Arch is just an incredibly awesome looking and well designed area. I will give props to Blizzard because they have a great art team, but I really think GW2 took it to the next level.

Well I played wow and rift and watched friends in gw2 and I can honestly say that rift in some areas did an awesome job, but like all games others were just yeck.
gw2 has the most bland areas I have seen, but then I just saw a few.

Wow has a few awesome areas, but most are just the same old same old and their upgraded areas just look like a 5 minute job, just like everything they do now.

Myself, being a big GW2 lover, have to agree that WoW's atmosphere and lore kicks GW2 right in the rear rump. There's just something more impressive and...illusive about questing in WoW's zones. Don't get me wrong...I really like the areas in GW2, and can't find anything bad to say about them, but I really do have to agree here, I prefer WoW's. May be due to me having been around them for as long as I have (since release), but it's that special something.

well after watching my buds this weekend the zones in gw2 are just there.
Not good or bad.
you go to a hub see a heart and do whatever then move till you find another one.
like they advertised you get your reward and do not ever have to see the quest giver.
but looking at a map the hubs looked random and hey I don't think Jim ever read one lol
he said wow I have 9 mails for some shit, and he click, delete,click,delete over and over.
Never even knew what for, he said the events were the only thing interesting and 9 out of 10 were just thrown in. He did say that every once in a while they were fun with enough people.
He did mention what you guys are saying I NEVER ONCE TALKED TO ANYONE!
But people do rez.

Myself, being a big GW2 lover, have to agree that WoW's atmosphere and lore kicks GW2 right in the rear rump. There's just something more impressive and...illusive about questing in WoW's zones. Don't get me wrong...I really like the areas in GW2, and can't find anything bad to say about them, but I really do have to agree here, I prefer WoW's. May be due to me having been around them for as long as I have (since release), but it's that special something.

Did you ever play the original GW? While the lore carried over into GW 2, the story telling did not. GW had a great story and had a real sense of purpose, GW 2's story just flat sucks, its not interesting at all, there's very little sense of purpose that makes me want to finish it. I will finish it eventually, I have a level 54 Guardian, but I do find myself yawning quite a but during the cutscenes and even the action sequences for me to complete the storyline mission. The original GW was never that, even through the expansions except Factions.

Did you ever play the original GW? While the lore carried over into GW 2, the story telling did not. GW had a great story and had a real sense of purpose, GW 2's story just flat sucks, its not interesting at all, there's very little sense of purpose that makes me want to finish it. I will finish it eventually, I have a level 54 Guardian, but I do find myself yawning quite a but during the cutscenes and even the action sequences for me to complete the storyline mission. The original GW was never that, even through the expansions except Factions.

I played all of the GW1 expansions and including Prophecies. It still held no candle to WoW. Now this is just for ME.

I did like GW1, on the whole, more than GW2. There's no contest in that respect. But GW2 still feels very solid to me. I like the fact that you're part of an ongoing story when doing the personal missions, and I like everything GW2 brings, the hubs, zones, etc.

when i was playing i skipped every single cutscene

LOL, well its hard to get into the story that way. That being said, the storyline missions aren't exactly interesting enough to make you want to watch the cutscenes either.

One of the main things I had a problem with was that they focus the game on the "personal storyline" but the storylines are REALLY bad usaully. Stereotypical characters, villians, and the cutscenes/animations (what efew there are) leave a LOT to be desired.

It just feels like they didnt put enough budget into the writing and presentation of the story elements.

Everyone's a critic. :cool:

I thought it flowed very nice. There were some cliche moments, but what game/movie doesn't have those anyway?

I think I'm at 58. I've slowed down a lot after getting into bad groups trying to beat TA. Went back to exploring and it was fun again. It's nice you can level doing things that you enjoy. Not really forced to hit every aspect (especially impossible dungeons).

I love that it isn't sub and I can go in and play whenev.

Back