how many guys are yet to buy HL2

I'm waiting til I have the extra cash to waste on it, I'll get the Silver package then.

Me, maybe on the weekend. I don't have much time to actually sit down to play it more than an hour at a time during the week.

Haven't gotten it for any of the following reasons. Pick one:

-Steam is Gay/overcrowded
-I'm broke
-Haven't finished/stillplaying GTA: SA
-Would rather work on/finish Project: Stargate SG-1
-After Doom 3's suckfest, I'm waiting till it's been out a while to get it. (I seriously haven't finished D3 or even played since the week after it was released)
-Want all issues to be worked out such as patches, server problems, and esp Mods to come out.

I haven't bought it yet for the reason of reading that it has problems playing in widescreen? I read someone's review on it and they said that the game crashes if you play it using a widescreen monitor/lcd and since I will be using my gaming laptop for all my games I'm holding off until I can find out more about this widescreen issue.

Add me to the list. Waiting for payday on Friday. Will play till dawn on Saturday. SHHHHHHHH the G/F don't know this yet :D

I still cant make up my mind between Steam or a hard copy. Flip a coin make a decision i guess.

Wow, I just moved into a house and the computer is still in a box. I have no desk or table and my desk in on order. So the desk will not be here until Jan 2nd and yeah that is after christmas.

I guess I can resist. But I have a 42 inch LCD Zenith with a DVI hook up.

Perhaps I can hook it up to the tv.

Nahh I can wait.

Good Luck Guys

Jason

I'm not buying it. Ever.

But that's only because I'm getting it for free! :D

I managed to grab one of those "9600 XT's in the 9600 SE box" that happened a while back. I then sold the card as an OEM on Ebay for a $25 dollar profit and kept the box and coupon for myself.

HL2's steaming in right this minute. :)

I don't have it, nor am I motivated enough to get it.

Hey, that's just me. What can I say? When D3 came out, I got it on the first day.

I want it.

Don't have it.

Still waiting for ATI to send me my activation key.

I think I might buy DoD over steam. Or HL1 Source. Does anyone know if HL1 Source will have the expansions as well?

Bugalaman said:
heh, whats warcraft? I know I've heard of it, but never seen it

Dude, how old are you not to know what Warcraft is?

Or, were you just playing around when you said that?

My system won't play it so I'm not going to buy it until I can upgrade my system. (which will be in February.) This goes for FryCry and Doom3 as well. :(

I hate that cartoony fake shit, I looked upwarcraft up on google, and it looks stupid as hell. At least HL deals with real humans, not dressed up in gay little outfits, lol. My rant is over

Bugalaman said:
I hate that cartoony fake shit, I looked upwarcraft up on google, and it looks stupid as hell. At least HL deals with real humans, not dressed up in gay little outfits, lol. My rant is over

Sad. Another person preferring graphics over gameplay. It's called creativity.

I'm not getting HL2 because FPS games don't stick with me. It's just a one night stand with me and them. Even the multiplay of DoD and CS looks quite fun for the first 1-2 hours, but gets repetitive. More of a RTS and RPG player.

My computer is not fast enough. Planning on doing an upgrade in the upcoming summer hopefully. So don't want to spoil it by playing it on an inferior computer :D

Getting it for Christmas. By then, all the kinks should be worked out, and I can play in peace. :)

UnfaTeFuL said:

I'm not getting HL2 because FPS games don't stick with me. It's just a one night stand with me and them. Even the multiplay of DoD and CS looks quite fun for the first 1-2 hours, but gets repetitive. More of a RTS and RPG player.

RPG's are SO much better then shooters... ;)

wtburnette said:
RPG's are SO much better then shooters... ;)
When a grenade positively absolutely has to be there on time.

u_moose777[h]orde

UnfaTeFuL said:

Oh, but what a one night stand it is! :D

yet to buy? or yet to recieve.

I ordered some time ago at the futureshop site, they still haven't shipped me out my copy yet :mad:

I don't want it, and sometimes I feel like I'm the only one. I'm sick to death of it and haven't even played it yet. The fact that (as of this very minute) of the 40 threads on the first two pages in this forum, a total of 8 are about something other than HL2 just makes me fucking hate it.

I will wait unit it hits the bargain bin.

I have Doom3, COD and Far Cry which I have not finished yet and I just signed up for XboX Live so I can wait at least 6 months

twyztyr said:
I don't want it, and sometimes I feel like I'm the only one. I'm sick to death of it and haven't even played it yet. The fact that (as of this very minute) of the 40 threads on the first two pages in this forum, a total of 8 are about something other than HL2 just makes me fucking hate it.
I agree. HL2 is garbage and its all because of VALVe, if it wasn't made by VALVe it owuld have been a great game,

u_moose777[h]orde

Not buying it becuase of the required steam registration.

'totally against mandatory steam (and things like it) for a variety of reasons (which have been discussed by other people in other threads).

The one alternative I have considered is purchasing the game at retail and never taking it out of the shrink wrap, and then getting a "pirated," non-steam copy off of p2p. That way, the developer still gets their money, and I don't have to partake in steam. It's somewhat goofy logic, I know, but it' the only way to have non-steam version of Half-Life in a (to me) morally acceptable way.

I realize that there are multiple holes in my "logic;" it's just something that has crossed my mind.

hmmm.... I can't say I've considered pirating a peice of software I would already own before.... I guess sequals to games as amazing as Half Life can do stange things to people.

gospeedracergo1 said:
Not buying it becuase of the required steam registration.

'totally against mandatory steam (and things like it) for a variety of reasons (which have been discussed by other people in other threads).

The one alternative I have considered is purchasing the game at retail and never taking it out of the shrink wrap, and then getting a "pirated," non-steam copy off of p2p. That way, the developer still gets their money, and I don't have to partake in steam. It's somewhat goofy logic, I know, but it' the only way to have non-steam version of Half-Life in a (to me) morally acceptable way.

I realize that there are multiple holes in my "logic;" it's just something that has crossed my mind.

hmmm.... I can't say I've considered pirating a peice of software I would already own before.... I guess sequals to games as amazing as Half Life can do stange things to people.

you have some good points there. Watch the steam cops come to your house and charge you with grand theft steam, heh. They'd still find a way to fuck you over

I just picked it up today. The $39 deal at Microcenter was too hard for me to pass up. :p

Bugalaman said:
you have some good points there. Watch the steam cops come to your house and charge you with grand theft steam, heh. They'd still find a way to fuck you over
Can't be any worse than the Skywalker Ranch Stormtroopers. ;)

Actually, I'm still hooked on command and conquer generals. There is just something really special about being able to launching a NUKE! taking out a 1/4 of a large city.

Sorry, but I'm going to wait until next year. I'm a little busy with certs at the time.

Oh, and I have a baby on the way too :D

#?? Haven't bought it either. Was tempted today but, got WOW instead. Loved the WOW beta and, I prefer FPS. Guess they converted me.

I've read so many posts on here about HL2, that I'll wait. Anyone know if the collector's edition for HL2 is worth a flip? Didn't feel like much when I picked it up.

vox87 said:
#?? Haven't bought it either. Was tempted today but, got WOW instead. Loved the WOW beta and, I prefer FPS. Guess they converted me.

I've read so many posts on here about HL2, that I'll wait. Anyone know if the collector's edition for HL2 is worth a flip? Didn't feel like much when I picked it up.
IMO any version of HL2 isn't worth it.

Back