How many games are out today that use PS3.0

TheGameguru

[H]ard|Gawd
I recall last year there was an impressive list of titles that would be shortly supporting PS3.0

I havent really messed with Farcry in a while but with my new SLI setups I'd like to see some PS3.0 games in action other than Farcry.

Does someone have a current released list? Does WoW support PS3.0? I dont recall seeing any setting or option to enable it.

TheGameguru said:
I recall last year there was an impressive list of titles that would be shortly supporting PS3.0

I havent really messed with Farcry in a while but with my new SLI setups I'd like to see some PS3.0 games in action other than Farcry.

Does someone have a current released list? Does WoW support PS3.0? I dont recall seeing any setting or option to enable it.

WoW doesn't support PS3 or SLI(heh)

If I miss any just fill in guys and just games OUT now like he said.

Painkiller with expansion pack
Pacific Fighters
Farcry

I think that's it.

Battle for Middle Earth (already released), and next month Splinter Cell 3. Stalker and the new Ages of Empire will have it as well. I´m almost certain that many upcoming games will have SM3, even HL2 is suppose to get SM3 in the future.

karl76 said:
Battle for Middle Earth (already released), and next month Splinter Cell 3. Stalker and the new Ages of Empire will have it as well. I´m almost certain that many upcoming games will have SM3, even HL2 is suppose to get SM3 in the future.
slowly but surely it's getting anice library of games

tornadotsunamilife said:
slowly but surely it's getting anice library of games

Very true, and I just remembered that "Chronicles of Riddick" is also having a SM3/PS3 mode.

I don't know if the original list was "impressive" since it only contained 9-10 games (3 were false, EA didn't add SM3 to the 2005 series). There are at least 5 SM3 games now and a couple more coming out soon. If you consider the length of time that modern game development takes, this is pretty impressive and definitely not a disappointment. DX9.0c that enabled SM3 just came out last summer.

The crummy pitfall harry also has SM3 support for water effects.

And EA's 2006 series of games is supposed to support SM3 from an EA interview I read.

Wrong wrong and wrong

Battle for middle earth does NOT have PS3

Chronicles of Riddick has PS2.++ which is basically PS2B (it's for the soft shadows)

Splinter Cell 3 I don't think has PS3. But I don't quite remember on that one. I'd say I'm 75% sure it doesn't though

As for Stalker and Age of Empires: I'm assuming he wants to see games with SM3 now (original thread poster) for action on his SLI machine

pxc said:

And EA's 2006 series of games is supposed to support SM3 from an EA interview I read.

heh. I forgot about pitfall. Just...pretend you didn't say that :)

pxc said:
I don't know if the original list was "impressive" since it only contained 9-10 games (3 were false, EA didn't add SM3 to the 2005 series). There are at least 5 SM3 games now and a couple more coming out soon. If you consider the length of time that modern game development takes, this is pretty impressive and definitely not a disappointment. DX9.0c that enabled SM3 just came out last summer.

dunno..Im pretty dissapointed that right now I can play basically 3 worthwhile games with PS3.0 which arguably was the reason I went Nvidia instead of buying more X800XT:pE's.

I just hope ATI gets with it and includes FP and PS3.0 in their next gen so it adds more incentive for devs to include full support in their titles.

TheGameguru said:
dunno..Im pretty dissapointed that right now I can play basically 3 worthwhile games with PS3.0 which arguably was the reason I went Nvidia instead of buying more X800XT:pE's.
Games don't grow on trees. Modern "worthwhile games" take over a year to develop and the NV40 core isn't even 12 months old yet. You can be disappointed in your unrealistic expectations, but i don't see why you blame a new feature. If there were ZERO SM3 cards available, no one would make ANY SM3 games.

And yeah, the R520 is rumored to support SM3 and FP32.

karl76 said:
Very true, and I just remembered that "Chronicles of Riddick" is also having a SM3/PS3 mode.

It slows to a crawl (20-30 fps, normally seems to be 60+) on my 6800gt when using sm3, and it doesn't look any different.

Back