How many cases have you gone through the past year?

antec 902,
lian li v1000b w plus 2, old, went back when i didnt like the 902
cm sniper
lanboy air
this is since january. i have a df-85 on the way, but i really doubt that i will actually use it.

Coolermaster Elite 330
Ultra Gladiator
Some generic case I did way to many mods on
Current Lancool PC-K58 (in love with this one)

Don't change cases unless I absolutely have to.

I'm still using my Antec P182 case since 2007. I'm hoping to replace it with a new one this year.

For my main rig I had a addtronics case from the late 90's that served me until my move to the c2d. I decided to buy a antec 180b. nice case that keeps everything nice and quiet, but I'd like to move on to something better soon,
For my secondary rigs I have a antec 300 housing my AMD Palomino 1700+ @ 2400+ on a nforce2 board. Anyone remember those :D
I also have a Cooler Master Elite341 that I'm using to house a P4 rig that I'm likely going to use for testing.

had my gaming (hexcore AMD) in a Thermaltake Element G, and my HTPC (C2Q) in a NZXT Hades.
Sold the hexcore and the TT case, moved the C2Q to a Lian Li PC-7077B and used it as only rig for 2 months, then got Sandy Bridge and used a modded G5 case.

So, four, I guess? Not really planning on swapping in the near future, though. The 7077 is a fantastic case with gobs of room for expansion. Just keep adding hard drives. Currently has 4. Could fit 12 quite comfortably, although if I got really aggressive I think I could fit 25 (5-in-3 racks in all 12 optical drive bays, and one mounted in empty space above PSU). I really like the build quality on it. The PowerMac G5 case is meh. It looks cool, but I'm less than thrilled with how I have everything mounted. Probably will try to re-do some of the work this year. Move the mobo up and the PSU down, and paint it black. Might end up picking up like a $30 case to use while I'm working on it.

current cases i'm using:

stacker 101 silver (case i've had the longest, since 2006).
stacker 101 black (almost the same as the 810 but the original, same for the one above).
stacker 830 silver
stacker 830 black (i love stackers huh :p) this will house my 2600k tmw :)
haf 932
antec mini p180 black
antec mini p180 white
nzxt gamma
nzxt gamma
rosewill microatx (shiny black case)

sugo sg05 (currently unused, mini itx board burnt up good job nvidia, housed in a nzxt)
antec mini p180 black (unused atm)

i plan on putting the system in teh haf932 in the empty mini p180, and putting the q9450 and x48 thats in the silver stacker 101 in the haf 932, then using the 101 to house a asrock p67 extreme 4 board and 8gb ram along with an i5 2400 and 1280ml areca raid card to go along with my 5 in 3 athena swaps. i also plan on reusing the sugo at some point or getting a slightly bigger version of the sugo that can fit a full size cooler and bigger psu than the 300 wattt one in it, like the 07 or something.

good thing about having a seti farm is i get to not have just one case :D. the 800D intrigues me however. i guess when corsair releases something similar that can house a sr72 mobo or similar size i will go for that. just because :D. another good thing is the free electric ;), without which this farm would not be possible!

the most interesting case for me has to to be the gamma. the lower and middle drive cages (top too? didn't look that hard) are removable so extra long video cards fit in it and its a similar size to the mini p180, but can hold full atx boards. its also painted all black inside and out, not bad for $40 shipped each :).

once i have the current cases filled out, not counting the sugo, that will give me 12 systems (have 2 laptops). i owned a antec 300 briefly (just dind't like it so sold it). i also had the older style enermax flower cases, in black and silver :). sold one to my friend mat and gave the other to my sister with a system i built for her :). her current system is in one of the 2 rosewill microatx cases i bought. her system looks pretty snazzy in her office no? ;)
163471_1659451780301_1657364850_32301914_3132555_n.jpg

i'll post pics of all my cases once i'm ready :).

the fractal caes also intrigue me ;)

You guys are crazy

I had total of 4 cases during last 13 years and that includes Raven 2 which i bought two weeks ago.

Two years ago I bought two Rocketfish (Lian-Li) cases from BB for $50 on sale with the expectation that I'll never need to buy another case again. Plenty of room, even for 5970s.

Still can't hold an SR2, though. I believe those demand to be free! :D

I always like a new case. It is like I just bought a completely new PC.
I'm going to stay with my current case for 2011. No changes this year.

The best case with the best platform.

I've gone through 4 different models and 6 cases. Currently use Lian-Li K62R1 & PC7 (2 ea). I use all of them but two older CM cases (690).

Oof, so many IMO:

-KT400 (eBay special)
-Silverstone LC13E
-Alienware Area 51
-Antec 300
-Heavily modified (blacked out (aka murdered)) Gateway
-Gateway FX stock
-Cooler Master Wave Master (my first real build. Loved that case!)
-and a few other no name heavily modded boxes...

main rig this past year went from a P193>HAF-X (i7 950) and I think soon to a RV02E or FT02

2nd rig is in a HAF-932 (i7 930) (used to be parts from main rig, so they needed a new home)

3rd rig is in a HAF-912 its a Phenom II x2 555 BE spare system

4th rig is in a Storm Sniper (used to be main rig 2 builds ago, it got a new home as well)

5th rig is a Lian-Li PC-Q08B mini ITX file server

Several cheap brand
in 2008 Thermaltek WingRS 201 till now (have built 3 rigs in it so far:) )

I'm using the Antec P180 case I bought in 2006... and still very happy with it.

Well I finally got a new case somewhat recently. I switched from the Silverstone TJ-09 to the Corsair Obsidian 800D.

So far just my Cooler Master 590. I really like it, and I don't plan on replacing it for quite some time.

I decided to make this thread after looking at my 800D and realizing I'm probably never gonna change it until Corsair updates it...and it made me remember how many cases I had gone through this past year....here's my list:

Coolermaster Haf 932
Coolermaster atcs 840
Zalman GT1000-(case would be awesome if it was bigger)
Silverstone ft01
Silverstone RV02
Lian Li PC-B70
Lian Li Pc-P80
Lian Li PC-B10
Antec 1200
Corsair 800D

Took so many cases before I was happy with one after my i7 build!

Uhh.

I've had a 1200 for the last 4 years. Who goes through that many cases? And how? Typically these things can only be had online, and since they are large, we're talking $50+ shipping if you return them.

Uhh.

I've had a 1200 for the last 4 years. Who goes through that many cases? And how? Typically these things can only be had online, and since they are large, we're talking $50+ shipping if you return them.

Almost no one returns cases back to an online store. They are resold in the forums, eBay or locally.
Many of these cases are purchased at a discount through the forums.

Each case has their strengths and weaknesses. When people are getting bad temps, cable management or compatibly issues, is due to them using the same case over and over.
Every PC isn't the same. People who upgrade often need various cases that are compatible with the type of build they have in mind. Someone who rarely upgrades can stick with the same case for years.

Last edited:
Holy crap, I thought my holding cases for four to five years was indulgent. Going through multiple cases in a year is pretty crazy. :)

I had a Lian Li for about five years and a Coolermaster before that for about three. I intend on holding onto my 800D for a very long time. I had issues with those prior cases, but so far I am 100% happy (thrilled really) with the Corsair.

Antec P180 then HAF 942

I used the P180 for my server but liked the 942 so much i bought another one and swapped the server guts into it.

I have changed my case 4 times in the past 7 months & I am about to change my case again from my NZXT EVO to a Phantom once the phantom re goes back on sale

I've got OCD when it comes to PC cases. Glad to see that I'm not alone :)

Main Rig (1090T)
Tt V9->CM Scout->CM Sniper->Tt Element S->CM 932

Wife's rig (i7 920)
Tt Element S->Antec Mini P180

Work/den computer (Phenom II 945)
CM 360->Antec Sonata->Antec Two Hundred

Master Bedroom (i7 930)
CM 690->CM 341

Kids 1 (555 unlocked to quad)
Rosewill Blackbone->Tt V3

Kids 2 (i3 530)
Tt Strike->generic POS->Zalman Z7

HTPC-
CM 360->Silverstone GD06-> Lian Li PC-C37

4 cases total! The last 3 were something the original system came in. Back then I was applying excessive use of my drill to fit big fans and make my own filters. Now that I bought Antec 1200 I have no plan to ever buy a case because of the huge size and 6 fans. I want to put some nice stickers on it :)

About to transfer my current rig from an Antec 900 to an Antec Lanboy Air. Other cases
Gateway G6 333 XL (old full towers FTW)
Yeong Yang YY-0221
Athena Power CA-1015CR(hate this thing)
Fry's FM 8440

Just sold my Antec Sonata, purchased an Antec 300 in the past year. Plan to buy the Corsair 650D and sell the Antec 1200.

Back