How many cases have you gone through the past year?

used an antec p180 black first generation for a year and half until last year when I bought a lian-li PC-V1010 which I plan on using for a long time.

I have been looking at the lian-li PC-X1000B, but lian-li cases are so damn expensive; that's why I plan to keep the one I have longer.

Cooler Master Praetorian - 2005-2010
Silverstone FT02 - 2010-who knows when

So by my math that is about 1.1 cases...

Crazy some of the lists you guys have, true enthusiasts! I would never be able to make up my mind if I had that many cases passing through my hands.

Antec 300
Lian-Li Lancool K58W

Love this case. Lian-Li class and build quality without the price.

3 in total this year.
1 - NZXT Lexa Black line case /w red fans/temp display.
2 - No-name brand for a small cheap build.
3 - My own custom case made from scratch.((still being made, just started it like 2 months ago.))

Antec 1200 --> MM Extended Ascension w/ Pedestal. This will probably be my final case for the next 5 or so years.

1 - crappy "custom" small case a friend gave me
2 - HAF 922
3 - Lian Li K62
4 - (not sure if im going to use it or sell it for cheap but got it for cheap) antec 1200
5- hoping to get (and STAY WITH) the Corsair 700D

i used to be a case whore too... then i switched over to rackmounts, forces me to stop upgrading... not that i want to now.....

EDIT: i just realized i forgot i bought a new silverstone for my HTPC like 2 weeks ago.......

i guess some things just don't change....

Just my Cosmos S :)

OP: Why weren't you completely happy with your FT01? I'm thinking about getting one soon.

3 Total
Chietec LCX01 Mesh Series (had it for 5 Years !!!!)
Lian-Li PC-A05NB (almost sold)
Lian-Li PC-A71F

and now i expect my new server cases next week (Franctal Design Define R2 Black)

Last edited:
I don't understand why anyone would go through as many cases in a year as some of you do, do you not bother to research your purchases or something? I mean, come on...the OP has gone through 10 cases in 12 months. That's just stupid.

As for me...

ThermalTake Tsunami (had for 3+ years)
Antec Nine Hundred (got this past Christmas)
CM 690 II Advanced (just bought)

The ThermalTake went in the trash (it really was a cheesy case) and the Antec 900 is going to replace the 9+ year old LianLi PC-60 that houses my WHS.

I don't understand why anyone would go through as many cases in a year as some of you do, do you not bother to research your purchases or something? I mean, come on...the OP has gone through 10 cases in 12 months. That's just stupid.

Server based i use them mostly :p and i sell a lot of my hardware :p so most of the time i sell the case with it..... :p

I use P182 since 2007 and it still going strong. I see no reason to exchage case since this one is dead silent and absolutelley beautiful in it pure design.

I use P182 since 2007 and it still going strong. I see no reason to exchage case since this one is dead silent and absolutelley beautiful in it pure design.

Thats why i'm going for fractal design all the reviews i read how more i gonna love it, and i will see it next week if it is true that it is one of the best silent cases there are :p atm

Some of us buy things because we need them and some of us buy this because is great to have. PC building is a hobby to me so it's great to have the latest hardware on the market. If I only needed a PC I woudn't switch hardware that often either. I'd probably buy an Apple Macbook/iMac and be done with it. I like building PCs more than using them, that's why I switch hardware often.

1. Before 1995: some generic case
2. 1995 ~ 2001 generic AT case
3. 2001 ~ 2009 Enlight case:
4. 2009 ~ present: Ultra MicroFly

Areocool Lubic Plane
Antec Super Lanboy
TT Armor BNS
Lian Li V1100
Antec Fusion
Antec P190
Lian Li A05
Lan Kool something
Caseless

I've been using my Antec 1200 for two years now. That thing has seen quite a bit of hardware. Of all of my hardware my case gets changed the least. I've been debating picking up an ATCS 840 for a while now but I just cant justify it, yet.

Generic Something
Antec/Chieftec 1230 (not sure about the number)
Antec SuperLanboy (was great)
Coolermaster Evo 830 Black
Lian-Li PC-A05B (hated it...)
Antec Solo (don't know why I sold this one, loved it)
Thermaltake Element S

Still using my Raidmax Smilodon from 2007, damn thing is super small now, too lazy to switch it to a new case.

i have to say you guys are psycho. why change case? waste of time i build a new pc everytime i buy new case some of my cases are

ALOT OF antec 1200 they where going for 120 shipped back when they came out I couldnt resist anyone that had one for sale at that price

ac77 lianli got for 150! (looking for a window for it for under 70$ ;/ or a solid panel i can cut into a window my self)
few cm 690
few thermaltake armor
alot of 40$ shipped elite 310? buy.com has these seemed like best shipped deal before i saw cm refurb site
alot of centurion 5's when they where 29 shipped refurb on ebay
few stacker's 810

Lian Li PX-X1000B
Antec P183
Antec 902
Fractal Design R3
Silverstone Fortress FT02

Right now I am using 2 R3:s and a FT02. The FT02 is dedicated to flight simming, one R3 is for general gaming and the other R3 is for work. Wife is happy with an Antec 300 equipped with ny old Q9550. Feel free to ask for my opinions on them.

I've had my Antec 1200 for a over two years now. I never actually used the stock fans though. I would like to replace it with an ATCS 840 but I just can't justify doing it. It's been a decent case.

Right now I have a ThermalTake Armor Xaser 8000. However, I have a Lian Li PC-7FNWX on it's way to me now to replace it.

I'm on my 3rd case this year. Currently have a Lian Li PC-V354. Only I wish it had a bottom intake vent.

I'm finding that computer cases are hard to sell used. Would like to get something for the ones I no longer use. Shipping costs don't help either.

I'm finding that computer cases are hard to sell used. Would like to get something for the ones I no longer use. Shipping costs don't help either.

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm trying to sell this ThermalTake for what I would consider cheap. no takers so far.

lol, im the type of person that buys something more expensive at the time of purchase, so i can make sure its usable for a few years and/or be "future proof". that being said ive had my stacker for about 5 years. i am as of recent, trying to find a worthy replacement, and its proving to be bit of a task. lots of nice stuff out there now

I've had my P182 since 2007, it was a review sample and I never stopped using it

All these long lists...I have only had 4 cases.

Main Rig:
HAF 932
Corsair 800D

LAN Rig:
Antec P180 (the old school one)
Generic Case that was free.

The LAN rig would still have the P180 if I had followed the measure twice cut once rule and not ruined the side panel trying to put a fan in it.....

I went from my old main rig (now my secondary) in a Coolermaster Centurion 590 to a new machine inside an ATCS 840, and that's about it. I got a Lanboy Air sample from Antec so I tried that out with my secondary rig, but I've since switched back to the Coolermaster.

Used old Dell case for about 3 years (loved it 90% toolless design with only HD and ODD drives to screw)
changed to Ultra 500 after that black one and
Coolermaster cosmos about 7 month ago (current)
stupid case makers keeps updating them i'm going through hell just to save $200 everyweek on case.

hey, where did you get your Limited Edition Red Silverstone FT02 Case?

Back