How lucky did i get?(good oc)

just wanted to know how far i should push this chip... i mean 1.65v 45c under 100% load for 24 hours on air! I just wanted some insight if this is a normal oc, its my first A64 OC
experience.

TYVM in advance

25stable8ok.jpg

oh btw this is the setup

Asus K8N
Athlon 64 (0443 core)
Thermalright XP120
MSI 6800gt flashed with the leadtek Ultra bios, with a NV5 silencer
1024 of cruicial (i know :( )
antec server case with 2 120's on top.
2 120g WD SE drives in RAID 0

i probably could oc it more, but id need to replace the memory, as it is my restriction point.

Im thinking of getting some from work(reseller ownage) id have a choice of corsair xms3200 or ballistix, i REALLY wanna push the cpu further!

yea nice OC man, i'll be getting the XP120 soon. awesome heatsink as i've heard, you think so?

The sink's amazing, make sure it fits your board, for with mine it was a REALLY close fit!
hands down it's the best heatsink out

it'll fit on his board... i saw it on thier website of supported mobo for the xp120

actually I would expect you to get higher with less voltage, most of the processors past week 43 do 2.6 ghz on air at around 1.5 V's

Well, i haven't really tryed going lower on the voltage, i may tonight. The real problem with my oc is that my memory caps out at 250 fsb, anything after this point gets unstable. So... tomorrows project will be grabbing some new memory and pushing this chip to its max! (shooting for 2.8).

T-

wow, that is pretty good...Do you have your heat spreader on or off??

congrats! I can hit only a little more with a 3200+ newcastle and watercooling.

Yeah. 2.6 seems to be one of the top air/average high OCs. I am at 2.6ghrz with my setup and I'm at about 37c idle. Which I think is actually pretty nice.

Supposidly this is one of the newest core revisions, i had about 30 different chips to pick from at work, and this one was the most current. The heat spreader was left on the chip, i was tempted to remove it but it seems to be epoxied on the core... and i don't wanna risk a 200 dollar chip lol. The way this xp120 is cooled is with a Panaflo FBA12G12M, works awesome i HIGHLY recommend these fans. Im working on setting up the new memory in this system and pushing this chip to its max.

tyvm T-

Back