• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How low will the 295x2's get?

The Cobra

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
4,119
Was just poking around the egg and saw the XFX R9 295x2 was going for $899 after the MIR.

Any clues?
 
not much lower than 2x 290X so 850$ probably, i would be surprised to see it at 800$..
 
Well seeing how they are already down to 350 on some models (290x). Would be nice to see this at 700 or 650..
 
that would be impossible.. first the 295x2 always had a premium price over 2x 290X.. second AMD did not dropped prices of the 290 and 290X all its a temporal promotion offered by the AIBs suggested by AMD so, will be hard to see any 295x2 at the same price of 2x 290X..

Check...
 
I got my XFX R9 295X2 for $600. But that isn't a fair saying. Because it was $799 when I went to purchase it. They gave me a big discount because they screwed up my order/address.

I was ordering through Newegg, with a prefered account, and prefered card.
 
$799 for the XFX Version of the R9-295x2 after a $30 MIR. Yes, I ordered a second one on Tuesday...Quad-CrossfireX Baby. I get it on Monday according to UPS Shipping. Cannot Wait!!!!
 
4 years from now people will be giving them away on the freebies thread
 
4 years from now people will be giving them away on the freebies thread

Yeah, and your point is? This is [H]ardOCP. It is what we do here...no living for the little shit in life. BALLS DEEP I SAY.
 
$799 for the XFX Version of the R9-295x2 after a $30 MIR. Yes, I ordered a second one on Tuesday...Quad-CrossfireX Baby. I get it on Monday according to UPS Shipping. Cannot Wait!!!!

Just what the doc ordered for 4K. Enjoy! (y)
 
no point

he asked how low they would go

The question was unquestionably about how low would they go purchesed brand new.

To that the answer is not much lower as they're now. They'll never be cheaper than 2x 290x, and they'll disappear from the market before they'd loose too much value.
 
So, I went and put in the second 295x2 today. Went to plug in the DP cord into and low and behold...forgot that I need a mini version of DP to regular DP. So, I have a brick for the moment until I can get a Mini-DP to DP 1.2 that can do 4K.

I went to Fry's earlier today, and all they had were the Mini-DP to DP 1.1.

Anyone have any suggestions to my dilemma?

Edit/Update: Found this, looks like it should do the trick.

http://www.amazon.com/Accell-B143B-007J-UltraAV-DisplayPort-6-6-Feet/dp/B00A7R9I22
 
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
FWIU Accell is the most reliable DP cables. Lot's of DP issues I've read about have been cured by using Accell cables.
 
TheCobra, there's no such thing as a 1.1 or 1.2 cable. They're the same:

http://www.displayport.org/cables/how-to-choose-a-displayport-cable-and-not-get-a-bad-one/

Despite what you may read, there is no such thing as a DisplayPort 1.1 cable and DisplayPort 1.2 cable. A standard DisplayPort cable, including the so-call DisplayPort 1.1 cables, will work for any DisplayPort configuration including the new capabilities enabled by DisplayPort 1.2, including 4K and multi-stream capabilities. All standard DisplayPort cables support RBR, HBR (High Bit Rate), and HBR2 (High Bit Rate 2), which can support 4K at 60Hz, or up to four 1080p displays using multi-stream.
 
Likely due to that cable, not the fact that it's not some superific 1.2-only cable. Finding good MiniDP-to-DP cables that work with 295X2 is a pain, but that has nothing to do with 1.1 cables working 100% with DP1.2
 
Back
Top