How loud is the 8800GTX?

Teecee

Gawd
I am ready to buy a 8800GTX but I want to know how loud are the fans on this card? Compare it to a case fan, old GFX card, something. I want to know if I should buy the air cooled or the water cooled 8800GTX.

Teecee said:
I am ready to buy a 8800GTX but I want to know how loud are the fans on this card? Compare it to a case fan, old GFX card, something. I want to know if I should buy the air cooled or the water cooled 8800GTX.

Very quiet and very hot.

Idles around 63 celcius and under load can hit 80.

Like can you hear it at all when you game or whatever? Or is the rest of the fans and what not in the PC louder than the GFX card?

From the [H]ard review:
Noise is not a problem with this video card. NVIDIA is using a very large centrifugal fan that spins slow enough that it does not have any wind noise or any whirring or wheezing, or squealing. Even during full load after a long while of gaming the video card still remains quiet.
I know it's not personal experience, but it should give you a general idea at least. Hope that helps.

Teecee said:
Like can you hear it at all when you game or whatever? Or is the rest of the fans and what not in the PC louder than the GFX card?

No I can barely hear it at all and I use a CMS stacker 830, which is entirely mesh/grill. If you put it in an enclosed case I would assume it's whisper quiet.

I can barely hear mine at all. I'M FREAKING HAPPY~! lol.. To me, I'd say it qualifies as silent.. or darn near it. There's a very faint air noise. But, yea.. it idles at 61c for me.. goes up to 80c or 90c when gaming. Soon to be watercooled so I won't have to worry about any noise or heat. ;)

w1retap said:
I can barely hear mine at all. I'M FREAKING HAPPY~! lol.. To me, I'd say it qualifies as silent.. or darn near it. There's a very faint air noise. But, yea.. it idles at 61c for me.. goes up to 80c or 90c when gaming. Soon to be watercooled so I won't have to worry about any noise or heat. ;)

What do you plan to WC it with?

Back