How long will a Pre-Built AIO system last without maintenance?

Hiyruu

2[H]4U
I'm thinking of getting a full water cooled AIO system pre-built by NCIX.

If they set up the watercooling for the CPU and GPU, how long can I use this system at home before it will need water cooling maintenance?

Most are designed to be maintenance free, there is nothing you can do to maintain them. I've had my coolmaster seidon for over 3 years now

A closed loop cooler will normally last at least 5 years. My Corsair H80 was 4 years old when I took it off last week. Still works, I just wanted something quieter. Replaced it with a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3. Remember that any watercooling device is going to have a pump so will be louder than air, that is short of the complex open loops that cool everything in the box at once.

Generally, most loops running distilled water with properly constructed components (i.e. not with bad nickel plating processes) only need topping off as maintenance. It is a good idea to flush the system with fresh water once or twice a year, but not entirely necessary.

I'm thinking of getting a full water cooled AIO system pre-built by NCIX.

If they set up the watercooling for the CPU and GPU, how long can I use this system at home before it will need water cooling maintenance?

I'm unfamiliar with this AIO but most are completely closed and can not be maintained. They generally last 3-5 years before the pump fails.

louder than air

Referencing certain AIO designs compared with smaller-than-preferred HSF combos.

In general, watercooling and AIO is less loud than air cooling, but both have outliners and situations where one works better than the other with respect to cooling capacity versus noise.

Back