How long till custom 680s?

krakerman

Limp Gawd
I've been with ATI/AMD since my old 7800gt, but am thinking about going the 680 route. For you nvidia folks - how long till you usually see custom heatsink designs come out for new nvidia cards? I'd like to buy something with a nicer cooler on it, so am trying to get an idea of how long I have to start putting away a bit of cash :p

Thanks in advance :)

+1 to this.

Im going to do an Ivy Bridge build in approx 3 months and was hoping for venders to do custom PCB's and cooling.

Then again im reading about the K110 that might be coming out mid august, I have 2 GTX 470's and im only on 1680x1050. (going to 1080P 24" when i build the new system).

Hrmmm. decisions

... Then again im reading about the K110 that might be coming out mid august, I have 2 GTX 470's and im only on 1680x1050. (going to 1080P 24" when i build the new system)...

Can we just say "GTX 690"? :p

I've been with ATI/AMD since my old 7800gt, but am thinking about going the 680 route. For you nvidia folks - how long till you usually see custom heatsink designs come out for new nvidia cards? I'd like to buy something with a nicer cooler on it, so am trying to get an idea of how long I have to start putting away a bit of cash :p

Thanks in advance :)

Well my guess would be 2-3 months out...similar with all the other launch day cards

EVGA announced on their forums that a Superclocked and FTW versions are few months out...Classified versions are longer....I'm sure Asus will release a DC2 sometime soon....MSI should release a TF2 or TF3 version (but stock PCB) very shortly...then release a lightning version after that (custom PCB)

Why bother posting then....???...

Normally people do that when they post something, then change their mind. There is no way to delete a post.

That would be a better strategy than releasing it as a 7XX series chip IMHO. Still curious about the custom PCB's tho

The GTX 690 will probably be the dual GK104 card, just like the GTX 590.

Why bother posting then....???...

I didn't know the differences with the IB vs SB and why bother waiting to get the GTX 680, I went out and found the information myself and was unable to delete the post. That's why.

I'm trying to be patient and wait for cards with non-reference cooling solutions to come out,but after seeing the performance and pricing of the 680,it's getting awfully hard not to hit the buy button!

Nvidia usually makes vendors use the reference design for several months before custom PCBs can be used. Typically 3-6 months. This is a good thing for people looking to WC. Nothing is worse than 15 different board types floating around when trying to match waterblocks.

Back