How long till 2GB 5870?

Yeah im looking for the 2gb cards to run 3x dell 27" screens eventually.

I currently run 3 Dell 27" in EYEFINITY and love it, but it needs more memory.

Only times I get crashes in WoW are very intensive areas when flying over Northrend zones with tons of trees and the frames get down to single digits, then it will crash and say memory error not enough memory. Even though I am running 8gb DDR2 memory and a QuadCore CPU, and Solid State Drive. I am assuming my resolution of 5760x1200 is just too demanding at times for the 1gb on the 5870 ?

Where is the Eyefinity-6 card already ? It was unofficially announced back in September, and now nowhere to be seen ?

I currently run 3 Dell 27" in EYEFINITY and love it, but it needs more memory.

Only times I get crashes in WoW are very intensive areas when flying over Northrend zones with tons of trees and the frames get down to single digits, then it will crash and say memory error not enough memory. Even though I am running 8gb DDR2 memory and a QuadCore CPU, and Solid State Drive. I am assuming my resolution of 5760x1200 is just too demanding at times for the 1gb on the 5870 ?

Where is the Eyefinity-6 card already ? It was unofficially announced back in September, and now nowhere to be seen ?

That crash is because WoW is a 32 bit program and is running out of system memory. It has nothing to do with the video cards memory size.

I must be the only PC gamer who gave a shat about GTA IV... but I really wouldn't want to get a video card with less than 2gb after playing that.

That crash is because WoW is a 32 bit program and is running out of system memory. It has nothing to do with the video cards memory size.

Lol.....QFT know the software's limitations.....even if your hardware had more memmory it would make little difference and is like the same exact scenario with any Windows 32bit OS not able to utilize or recognize anything beyond 4gb of memmory....add a 512mb or 1gb vga the overall ammount gets knocked down and subtracted accordingly.

You guys are reffering to having extra video memmory to pad the frame buffer at higher/mutiple resolutions...I' am saying I understand why you want more but honestly if I can afford 3-30" monitors I would be atleast driving them with vga with 2 cores on it's pcb and 2gb of ram aka 5970.

You guys are reffering to having extra video memmory to pad the frame buffer at higher/mutiple resolutions...I' am saying I understand why you want more but honestly if I can afford 3-30" monitors I would be atleast driving them with vga with 2 cores on it's pcb and 2gb of ram aka 5970.
Which means you still only have 1GB of video memory.

BUMP !! i play on 1680*1050 but i still want 2gb of vram crysis cuban lvl4 was eating my gtx260 for breakfast, imagine if i bump it up to lvl5 config and install a pack of really high res textures, it would be nice for ARMA too if i finally install it oneday ..... :p

Back