• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How long do you run prime95...

nealio

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 17, 2005
Messages
362
How long do you run prime95 until you know your system is fully stable? :confused:
 
I generally let it go 24 hours or until I get an error. When I tested the stability of my desktop OC when I was building it and then burning it in, I ran P95 WHILE FOLDING for 28 hours without error.
 
if you are testing the whole system, use the blend test. i go 24hrs.
 
Thats what I'm using, Its been running since about 10am yesterday, I just got in this morning to my office and its at 28C !! on a KOOLANCE SYSTEM!!

I'm pretty stoked about that, it seems pretty damm stable
3500 venice @ 2750 11 X 250HTT v core@1.552,

Is that a pretty good OC? :confused:
 
Are there any other tests I should run other than prime95. I ran memtest too and the mem is solid
 
I like to do 24 hours of dual instances of Prime95 running Small FFT's for CPU.
For RAM I do 10+ hours of Memtest Test #5 looped and then the same thing for Test #8 and then 1000% of Memtest for Windows.
For GPU 30 minutes of ATITool artifact tester running old scanning method.
 
there used to be a guide on how to use Prime95 for stress testing. Basically you should:
1) put in password "9876"
2) set priority to 10 <pretty much renders your computer useless for the duration
3) use Large FFT's <Creates the most heat and stresses the CPU the most.

....run it for 24+ hours. I usually run it for 48 hours since it actually detected an error at the 29th hour of testing once.
 
> " I generally let it go 24 hours or until I get an error. " <

Same here.
 
If you want a quick validation of a "should be ok" setting then I think 4 hours is ok, but for complete security and confidence with a very new config, then 24 hours is pretty standard.
 
Back
Top