How long can I run straight distilled water

reaper7534!

Limp Gawd
Leaving the world of Mayhem pastel and going distilled. The biocides won't be here until Monday but I'd like to get a start on flushing. Once I flush the system, how long can I leave the distilled in with additives ? Will I be safe until Monday evening ? Still need to use the system.

I am sure for a few days even tap water is it is fine - as long as you eventually flush it out with distilled later. Even tap water is. Over the long run you might want to use distilled water + some biocide & anti-corrosion additives ( a decent glycol-based one will do).

If you don't have PETG tubing or reservoir , than regular automotive antifreeze will do just fine for a long time. Pick your favorite color. you can have blue, orange, green, yellow and red depending on manufacture

I would be leaving distilled in it, then drain that and add my biocides to new distilled water and refill. I do have PETG and res so antifreeze is a no go.

You'll be fine - microbes still need some nutrients to survive after all. You could run the loop for an extended period without issue.
- However, using an anti-corrosion additive would still be required. The biocide is actually overkill.

Back