how long are you guys waiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason711

Supreme [H]ardness
to buy a 360?

right now im really not entirely impressed with the systems games. ive decided i might buy when i see and hear of games that fully (at least nearly) utilize the consoles ability. right now i just dont see any reason to get sucked in..

id also like to see the ps3 make MS lower the price.

what say you?

I ended up with all three the last time. My gf bought me the 360 and I'll get the other 2 sooner or later.

I guess it comes down to money. Why wait if you have the money and want it.

preordered i oct, got it in from ebagames last week.. i love it, been playing doa and kameo, the gfx really are impressive and kameo is a lot of fun, cant wait for some new games to come out

I'll get one as soon as I can find one... everyone is sold out and noone will tell me when they're expecting new shipments...

i honestly have no real desire at the moment... i have no HDTV. and wont be able to afford one until i can establish enough credit.

i wanna see games that can fully utilize the 6 threads of that processor.

Jason711 said:
i honestly have no real desire at the moment... i have no HDTV. and wont be able to afford one until i can establish enough credit.

i wanna see games that can fully utilize the 6 threads of that processor.

You're going to be waiting a very long time. I'll be buying one when these criteria are met:

1) It's not so damn expensive
2) There are exclusive-to-X360 games that I just MUST own (that aren't FPS titles... FPS+gamepad = teh yuck). The current titles do not interest me much.
3) All systems are available and I am able to gauge which 2 I want most, based on the above 2 criteria.

For the launch titles.....PGR and Condemned make it worth the buy now if you can find one. My son loves Kameo and PDZ multiplayer.
Im impressed with it and Im not a console fan.

right now im not sure if i do not mind waiting... the 360 sure would be cheap by then. ;)

I bought one first day you could buy one. Great system at a very reasonable price for what it has to offer. I love my 360 and am very happy with the games I have. Next game I'm going to buy is Kameo.

luckily before i bought the system, i went and borrowed it from a friend... graphics werent even that stunning on my 52" hdtv and quite frankly it wasnt even fun.. COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE FOR LIFE

I got one for my B-day which is the day after Christmas I would say wait. Even though I have never ever had any problems with mine wait until it goes down in price, a new revision comes out and better games are out like UT2k7, Oblivion, and for me I am looking forward to Turok Next

I've been borrowing my friends' while he's in the process of moving into a new home. I like it a lot and would love to get my own so we could play on live. I actually have a lot of fun on the xbox live marketplace.. some of those games are awesome. I really like how you can download demos for games and play them first... a console first.

I don't have the time or money to keep upgrading my PC, so the 360 meets my criteria.

I'd probably get one if I could find one and NOT get stuck with some ridiculous bundle. I want the full360 w/ HDrive and 1 or 2 games. I don't need an extra controller, I don't need a memory card, I don't want to get stuck with games I don't want. The only new games that interest me are DOA4 and PGR3, but they aren't reasons to buy 360 IMHO. The ones I really want (and make the 360 a must buy) are Gears of War, Oblivion, and Halo 3 when they come out. So it isn't a huge deal for me right know.

Mr.Dearthian

Never. I just can't see buying something that can only play games - hence a PC. Consoles aren't multifunctional enough for me - this is obviously just a personal preference.

I also have no intention of ever buying an Xbox 360 nor any console for that matter. I just don't like them and have no use for them.

Find a friend that has one and have them download the FightNight3 demo.

FightNight 3 comes out in February. GhostRecon:Advanced War Fighter comes out soon there after in March.

But, if you don't like any of the games out now, then just wait. I happen to like playing PGR3 and Geometry Wars and the FightNight3 demo.

Not until it is under $200 for the hard drive equipped version and then only if there is a Killer App that draws me in.

I have one, and I am SO impressed. Its not just the graphics (which are launch titles btw) but Live, marketplace, and arcade are flat out amazing. In march games like Oblivion, Ghost Recon 3, Fight Night Round 3 (feb), Full Auto (feb), and Blazing Angels will be out.

More games on the way, and they're only getting better. I would recommend buying, but if you're waiting for a specific game, perhaps wait then.

Sifu said:
Never. I just can't see buying something that can only play games - hence a PC. Consoles aren't multifunctional enough for me - this is obviously just a personal preference.

Obviously you don't know much about Xbox Live and what the 360 can do.

Live online play w/friends lists (awesome feature that works great)
Live marketplace (buy themes, download demos, download movie trailers, accessories)
Live arcade (download old game classic, new games being developed for arcade)
Connect to your home network
- Stream pictures, music and movies wirelessly into your TV/Surround sound
USB
- Plug in your iPod or music device of choice and play music into your home entertainment system.
- Play you music ingame instead of game music if you please.

And thats the tip of the iceberg. The 360 is not strickly a game console where you power it on and play games only. It is a multimedia home entertainment device that plays awesome next gen titles in beautiful HD resolutions.

All for the price of just a good video card. Very hard to beat, and great bang for the buck.

Wow. That's some awesome functionality. I guess, if I didn't need a spiffy PC for publishing, video work, financials, etc., I probably would go with a simpler PC and get an Xbox. As it is, I can't see double-dipping as a viable option for myself.

I might get a 360 for my brother though! Great gift idea.

I have one, and I think it is worth it. DOA4 is awesome, and NFS:MW is pretty solid too. I might pick up Madden '06 once football season ends and it gets cheap, just to have something to hold me over until pre-season next year...

I was hoping that NCAA BASEBALL was BC. But it isn't.

Still a blast on the Xbox though.

I really want to DL the 2nd Castlevania game so I can finally beat it, 15 years later...

theNoid said:
Obviously you don't know much about Xbox Live and what the 360 can do.

Live online play w/friends lists (awesome feature that works great)
Live marketplace (buy themes, download demos, download movie trailers, accessories)
Live arcade (download old game classic, new games being developed for arcade)
Connect to your home network
- Stream pictures, music and movies wirelessly into your TV/Surround sound
USB
- Plug in your iPod or music device of choice and play music into your home entertainment system.
- Play you music ingame instead of game music if you please.

And thats the tip of the iceberg. The 360 is not strickly a game console where you power it on and play games only. It is a multimedia home entertainment device that plays awesome next gen titles in beautiful HD resolutions.

All for the price of just a good video card. Very hard to beat, and great bang for the buck.
I think you've just invented e-Vangelism.

Json23 said:
I really want to DL the 2nd Castlevania game so I can finally beat it, 15 years later...

You haven't completed Simon's Quest?

For shame sir....for shame!

>.<

I'm waiting for it to get modded so I can run some useful apps on it.

Or at least stream over a divx or xvid encoded file across the network like I can with my existing Xbox.

When the console and every FPS game for it has full keyboard/mouse support,then I'll consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back