• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How is your 5870 performing ?

My 5870 had a strange conflict with my Auzen Forte sound card. Audio playback was choppy, faded in/out, randomly switched between 2.0/5.1. As soon as I tried my mobo's onboard audio all those problems were gone. I now use an Asus D2X and it works great. As for the 5870, it's easily the best card I've ever owned. I was in the Nvidia camp since 2004, but now play for the red team.

You do know the card (5870) provides HD audio via HDMI and has audio drivers included in the full version CAT driver package, I had problems with this on my X-FI card, kept switching my speaker configuration back and forth til I went in and manuall unistalled the AMD/ATI hi-def audio drivers.
 
Just got my XFX 5870 in and i seem to be getting random blue screens.Not sure what is going on yet.Ideas?
 
I had a sapphire 5850 installed.Worked great.Uninstalled drivers and reinstalled for new card.I am using the ati tools from ray adams.Not sure if this program is causing any problems.My PSU is a pcpower&cooling 910
 
Last edited:
The xray engine has been in development since like 2003 or 2004 if I remember right. I remember them taking for-EVER in releasing Stalker and how incredible the graphics were going to be and then when it got here it was a little dissapointing because there were already newer and better looking engines out there. Whatever though, still a great engine....I guess I need to go ahead and get Call of Pripyat, but Clear Sky made me nervous.

Anyways, MY XFX 5870 is a beast. Runs every game I own at high resolutions with effects turned way up. Cant really ask a whole lot more than that, except that it's sent off for RMA right now because of the GSOD problems. The GSOD is the only negative I have about the 5870, just a great card.
 
i have a brand new xfx 5870 waiting for me at home.... pairing it with my new i5-750 build. cant wait...
 
I had a sapphire 5850 installed.Worked great.Uninstalled drivers and reinstalled for new card.I am using the ati tools from ray adams.Not sure if this program is causing any problems.My PSU is a pcpower&cooling 910

That would be worth testing. Use CCC instead of ati tools. Try a clean os install.
 
got it installed. can play blu-ray with full lossless sound on my home theater and a game on my monitor! sooooo awesome. this is what ive been wanting out of one card for a while!
 
I've got a HIS 5870 and it's performing brilliantly, no issues at all and it's one of the earliest builds (was one of the few lucky ones that got their orders in before being sold out on release day)

Barring a catastrophic failure that isn't covered under warranty to my CPU or motherboard, I can easily see my current build lasting well into 2011

I've made similar predictions before, but I really mean it this time!
 
Back
Top