• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How is this temperature?

Aelfgeft

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
2,343
XFX 6600GT 128MB DDR3 I just got.

According to Rivatuner, I'm getting about 54-55C...is that high? Should I be aiming for like CPU-type 30s or is that not realistic? If so, how should I cool it?

Second, according to RivaTuner the core is at 300MHz. I thought these came at 500.
 
first off you are talking about 6600GT not Ft, right? lol
well anyway i am not the best at dealing with Nvidia cards, but your temps should be in high 20's, mid 30's when its not on full load
 
Yup GT my bad. :)

So you're saying it's running hot? Because I just stuck it in, haven't done anything to it.
 
Negative.

Those temps are more than OK. You're fine. Video cards run a little warm, especially the GT's. If it gets into the high 80's-90's, then you can start to get nervous.

Idle: 50's
Load: 60's
(in general)
 
Back
Top