How is this for airflow?

Demerdar

Weaksauce
I am trying to achieve some good airflow in my case. This is the setup I have right now.

cooling.JPG

Is there a better way to do this? Or will this be ok?

*Note I have two 80mm fan-mounts in the rear.

That looks okay. I always like to exhaust hot air from components as directly as possible, so my method would be different from yours. For example, I would have fans on the rear panel sucking air from the CPU as it is dissipated. This keeps the hot air away from other components that I'm trying to cool. Likewise, I would have a side panel mounted fan sucking air from the GPU on the videocard in very close proximity. If necessary, I would introduce lateral airflow across the hard drive(s) like in your picture. Sorry but I don't subscribe to the belief that blowholes like the one you pictured significantly improves a computer's thermal performance. I prefer to remove hot air from components before the air warms up to the point that a blowhole would ever be useful.

I'd do everything you did except I'd also have a fan exhausting behind the cpu as well.

Most psu fans don't blow that hard and with your 92mm side intake you could easily add another 80mm behind the cpu and still have pretty balanced airflow...

So, if you have those two 80-mm fans under the PSU, then that should be fine. You want to add up the CFMs of the fans blowing in and the ones blowing out. I'm not sure about the PSU fans, but they should be equal or the ones blowing in a little more.

Common practice is as follows

side fans: intake (direct air to processor and card components)
front fans: intake (direct air to bays)
top fans: exhaust (pull air from back of bays plus you dont want dust getting blown into the case)
rear fans: exhaust (processor outlet)

Allright, so I'll put one 80mm fan in the back to take air off of the proc. Sounds good.

Back