• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How I hide my wires.

Viperlover

Gawd
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
631
I got sick and tired of seeing all of those wires coming out of my power supply, so I'd like to show everyone how I went about fixing this.

Before:

Please excuse the dangling power cable, it's waiting for a dvd-r.

dsc02854fj4.jpg


dsc02855mc2.jpg


dsc02856ij4.jpg


dsc02857cg5.jpg



Some panels I made up.

dsc02858cp2.jpg


dsc02859pf2.jpg


dsc02860ht5.jpg



Putting them in.

dsc02861oj2.jpg


dsc02862ke4.jpg


dsc02863dx0.jpg


dsc02864gy5.jpg


dsc02865kd3.jpg



All in.

dsc02866lj9.jpg


dsc02867ff3.jpg


dsc02868mk4.jpg


dsc02870by5.jpg



How do you guys think I did?
 
very nice. I am looking into getting black plexi and doing something similiar. OR i could let the dust build up cover the wires j/k :)

BTW where did you take the panels from?
 
thats a prety good custom job you did ^_^

what psu is that?
It is an Ultra X2 550W as seen here.

very nice. I am looking into getting black plexi and doing something similiar. OR i could let the dust build up cover the wires j/k :)

BTW where did you take the panels from?
I used the 90 degree bend off of an old gateway case and made a few modifications to make it fit. I basically measured, marked, made sure things were squared up, and then made all of my cuts with an air powered 2.5 inch cutting disc.

Nothing on the processor? :)

Good work!
E4300 is on it's way, as well as an 8800 and that DVD-R I mentioned earlier.



All in all, I'm very happy with how it turned out, and I'm probably going to make another that extends out on the 5.25 bay are so that it will cover my new DVD-R and all of those ugly holes/slots up there.

Every piece that I made slides in very tightly without screws, but the new one I'll make will probably need atleast 1 screw.
 
Back
Top