I put a 805 p4D into my wifes rig, and the temps are crazy. It was idling around 105F and seems to hit about 120F+ under a load. Speedfan reports temps approx 39C , just running windows. I took the mb out and pulled the HSF, and scraped off the thermal crap and put some Geil copper heat sink compound on it, but it didn't seem to change temps any. I totally re-ran all the wiring in my case to try and improve airflow, but the temps remain the same.
It won't boot with any overclock past 3Ghz, which seems absymal compared to all the reviews I've read. The motherboard I'm running is a asrock 775dualvsta, and I'm using stock cooling (retail intel hsf). When I try playing games it slows to a crawl, even worse performance than my barton axp, this was supposed to be upgrading.
This is my first Intel build since my celeron 566 coppermine, any assistance would be greatly appreciated, so far I'm not impressed.
It won't boot with any overclock past 3Ghz, which seems absymal compared to all the reviews I've read. The motherboard I'm running is a asrock 775dualvsta, and I'm using stock cooling (retail intel hsf). When I try playing games it slows to a crawl, even worse performance than my barton axp, this was supposed to be upgrading.
This is my first Intel build since my celeron 566 coppermine, any assistance would be greatly appreciated, so far I'm not impressed.