• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How hot is to hot?

R!P13y

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
477
Need to know how hot is to hot for my video card? I want to OC more but I dont know how hot I should let it go to? When I do OC i use DNA drivers and ATItool and I watch the temps and they go up to around 60*c, is that to high or meh not really?...When I am done ocing i lock it at 560/607 and it drops to around 45*c- 50*c and runs good no glitches. I just want to know how hot is to hot and if I am runnning now to hot?

Oh and in games it is around 55*c... I maybe just a scared little ocer but.... :confused:
 
In my opinion anything above 70c is too hot to OC and anything around 60c is risky. I like my card at 50c load and 30c Idle. Hard to get it like that though... :(
 
{NG}Fidel said:
In my opinion anything above 70c is too hot to OC and anything around 60c is risky. I like my card at 50c load and 30c Idle. Hard to get it like that though... :(

Ok thanks then I dont think I am going to try and get anything else out of my card. I will just leave it locked up at 560/607.... :D
 
R!P13y said:
Need to know how hot is to hot for my video card? I want to OC more but I dont know how hot I should let it go to? When I do OC i use DNA drivers and ATItool and I watch the temps and they go up to around 60*c, is that to high or meh not really?...When I am done ocing i lock it at 560/607 and it drops to around 45*c- 50*c and runs good no glitches. I just want to know how hot is to hot and if I am runnning now to hot?

Oh and in games it is around 55*c... I maybe just a scared little ocer but.... :confused:


you still have lots of room. :)
 
pigpen said:
you still have lots of room. :)

really you think so, like tell me how and what i need to do, like should i lower the ram and oc the core more or or or... "i need your help" thx
 
I find anything above 70C starts producing graphics glitches on screen. My normal temperature running games with X850 XT at 540 / 590 is 65C, so if yours is only 55C, you're doing well.
 
Ever looked into custom cooling? if your on air.. i highly reccomend the ati silencer!
 
Trippy! said:
Ever looked into custom cooling? if your on air.. i highly reccomend the ati silencer!

Ummmm look at my sig and you will see I have the ATi 4 thanks for the suggestion though... :D
 
Back
Top