How hot can a C2D run? Mine reads high

brlowe

n00b
I have an SG01 with the Asus P5B motherboard, an E6600 C2D chip. I'm using the NT06 cooler. Using the probeII software that came with the mainboard and it says the processor sits at about 55c idel and climbs to 60-63 under load. I have used AS5 on the processor following the directions carefully to put it on. These temps seem very high to me. Is there a better program to dbl check my temps? I'm not overclocking anything. I do have an 8800gts installed too but the temps were the same without it.

Ideas?

Thanks

At stock, you should be loading in the low 50s.

use coretemp or intel TAT to monitor temps.

I use Speedfan, I like this program and I think it's accurate.

I just recently built my first SFF, a SD37P2, and inside I'm running an [email protected] and with both cores full-load in Orthos Blend I'm at 75C. However my system is apparently 100% stable after 24 hours burn in so these chips can definitely take the heat. You're still in the safe zone, I think. Your full-load temps are about at where mine are when I'm running single threaded applications. If you're still concerned about heat then it might be an airflow issue. Maybe different case fans could help.

Honestly if the temps are high and it runs stable I just would not trust the temp reporting.

Ok I downloaded and installed the 0405 bios and installed TAT. Now under load of a game for more than a couple hours the CPU cores will hit a max temp of 53c but most of the time it is around 50c. My 8800GTS runs all the time right around 67c. So at this point I have the fans set on quiet in bios and it is quiet and runs good.

Thanks for the help

My C2D E6600 idels around 35-37c , not bothered checking load

(p.c's been on for around 4 hours here, and mostly been playing supcom)

Got the 2 roof and 1 harddrive fans sucking air in on the left and psu and crossflow blowing out on the right..Keeps my graphics card nice and cool aswell :)
Zalman CNPS7000B-CU with 775 clip on cpu .

Back