• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How high on air?

SouLXIV

Gawd
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
670
I have a Q9300 at stock (2.5ghz) cooled by ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro in an Antec 900. I was wondering how high I would be able to OC it on air alone with stability.
 
Well you can find out by trying it since you have it already :)

But as always, YMMV with OCs no matter what. Your mobo, different steppings of your chip, the chip itself, your RAM will all play a part in how far you can push each chip. Just because someone else can hit 3.5ghz or whatever doesn't mean you can.
 
well I got Gskill 4 gig 800mhz and Asus P5Q Pro if that helps, I'm just sort of looking for a range. Also, is it less effective if I use something through windows like Clockgen? Because I kind of want to turn it down if I'm not running intensive programs.
 
Back
Top