How hard can it be to get geometry right?

ZeroBullet

Gawd
I am having a hell of a time trying to get my geometry right on my Mitsubishi DP930. I've never had so much trouble trying to get the geometry straight on a monitor. Ever. I've done it about three times now, and I've spent 10 to 20 minutes each time trying to get it right and I'm still not happy with it.

Is there a surefire method to getting it straight. An order perhaps? (Left/Right, then In/Out, then Tilt, etc.) I've tried using an alignment software to get a geometry pattern on the screen, but I'm still geting a like 3 point curve on both sides. And one curve is not the same as the one on the opposite side. If I straighten one side out, the other one will have an impossible curve on it, for example, pinched in at the top, straight through the middle, and then a curve in 3/4 of the way down, and then back out at the bottom. I've switched resolutions, I tried configuring it in 1280x1024, then 1920x1440, and now again in 1600x1200. It seems to be an impossibility to get it anywhere near straight.

Another thing, that I've never seen on any other monitor: On my monitor, if you followed along the top of the display as you get over to the left side, it starts to curve upwards. It's not much, it's very slight, but it's annoying as all get out. It's always there, doesn't matter what resolution your are on, it's always up in the top left corner.

Anybody else had as much grief with their 930 (or any other monitor for that matter?)

wtf? I didn't write this post???

I guess I left myself logged in somewhere...hmm...

But sorry random person using my account, I can't fix your problem.

Yeah. I eventually get it close enough that I stop caring. If you need to make a change (ie: Left pin), make it part way, then adjust the entire thing.

Originally posted by ZeroBullet
wtf? I didn't write this post???

I guess I left myself logged in somewhere...hmm...

But sorry random person using my account, I can't fix your problem.

A ghost maybe?

For the person who is pretending to be you download the naviset software from Nec/Mitsubish site and set everything back to default then can do everything from your graphic console center with your mouse with ease.;)

I would change my [H] password as quickly as you can. This was an innocent post, but that isn't always the case. Remember you are responsible for your account regardless of who is using it to post. ;)

Yeah I know. But I found out who it is and I have no problems sharing the account with him :)

That's fine as long as you know who's using your account and doesn't pretend to be you. If he posts offending material, you are responsible for the posts. Just a fair warning.......

Originally posted by ZeroBullet
Yeah I know. But I found out who it is and I have no problems sharing the account with him :)

Back