how good is the ppc&c 510 express

I am currentrly running an fx-55 with two ultras and it seems fine. Will i be able to run 2 next gen cards and two processors with it though???

terminator02 said:
Will i be able to run 2 next gen cards and two processors with it though???

it would have a better chance than most anything else
yes, to a point, depends on what else is in the box with those
PCI-E 150W is pure +12V amps, 12.5A per card to be specific

the supply designed for the next gen is the 850ETX
(more to the point might be that ATX12V may change to EPS12V to power the next gen)

Here's a recent review of it done by some seemingly well equipped and competent reviewers. PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 Express

To sum it up: "The most impressive thing here is that despite whatever load I had put on the Turbo-Cool 510, the rails didn't waiver at all. This is the complete antithesis of the natural properties of a switching power supply. Typically, a 12V or 5V rail will dip when heavily loaded on either one or the other. But not on this power supply!

The only discrepancy I noted was that I received a Power Good Signal error from my tester during the zero load and full load test. A bit of a concern, but I fired off an email to PC Power and Cooling and perhaps one of their guru's can shed some light on the error. Who knows. Maybe I have a defective unit... A defective unit that can do a stable 642W!!!"

Back