How good is Sprint DSL?

cuemasterfl

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm not sure where this belongs, so I apologize in advance if it's in the wrong place.

I am getting Sprint DSL on Saturday (3.0 mbps). Who else has Sprint DSL? How good is it? Do you have any problems? What are typical download speeds. I am hoping to get some feedback so I can cancel it in time if you say it sucks ;) TIA.

With DSL, it should depend on how far you are away from their connection and the quality of the physical cable running to your place, so you'll just have to see :)

Well I know about how the speed can be affected by how far you are from the local exchange and line quality. I called Sprint and asked them where the nearest exchange was, and they couldn't tell me, so I'll just have to wait and see. Right now I have 5mbps cable with roadrunner, but the total package I get with sprint will save me approx $40/month (for phone, DSL, TV). I might even get the modem tonight so I can try it. If it sucks too bad I'll cancel it and keep cable.

Is there a website anyone knows of where you can see how far the local exchange is from your home??

As far as I know, that's impossible to detect through a 3rd party website. Just wait it out, there's really no way to tell without testing ;)

Check out dslreports.com, they can give you user feedback on Sprint from your area.

Talonz said:
As far as I know, that's impossible to detect through a 3rd party website. Just wait it out, there's really no way to tell without testing ;)
Oh man, that takes me back. I know there was some website that would give extremely detailed information about telco switching stations(as in what kind of equipment they had and such) and all sorts of cool stuff. That must have been at least five years ago, though, and I have absolutely no idea what it was or if it is still around. It wouldn't give you exact distance from your demarc to the switching station, but it might give you a good idea. Or you could just wait for the telco tech to come out. :)

Back