How good is Mushkin?

Proxy

Pumpkin Ghost
Right now I have 12gigs of ram, and it's still not enough sometimes. I was looking at getting 24gigs. So I was gonna buy two 12gig kits, or 6 4gig sticks.

Here are the kits I was looking at.

The Mushkin RAM is a bit cheaper, but I have never used any other RAM than, Corsair, and Kingston (I trust those two the most). So for those who have used Mushkin, how is it? I stopped using OCz because every so many months I would have a kit go bad, so OCz left a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited:
Oh no, I hope OCZ works well, I just ordered a pair of 4GB DDR2 Reapers lol!

Anyhow, I have been using Mushkin for almost a decade and they are usually pretty solid. I did have a pair of 2x1GB DDR2 Mushkin Black sticks fail on me running them @ 2.3v and 5-5-5-18 1T some months ago, and in fact I am ordering the OCZ Reapers in order to replace the RMA'd pair which I have a sneaking suspicion are on their way out the same door as the others...

On the other hand, in my secondary rig, I am using a pair of Mushkin DDR 2x512GB along with 2x512GB Corsair XMS ($380 back in the day, around 2002 or so>.<) which are also OC'd and those have been rock solid for ages.

Mushkin has been around for quite some time in the memory game, and I have builr several rig's for other people and not once have I had any problems where their RAM needed and RMA or any similar situation. In my experience they are a mostly rock solid choice for RAM, just I don't think I personally will be using them to overclock any more rig's in the future.

Hope this helps!

ocz reaper is fine, I have them for a year now and they're still going strong (I bought them while they are rated at 5-5-5-15 so that's a bonus for a 1066mhz ram) Furthermore, they have lifetime warranty so why should you worry.

P.S. Mushkins do their job right, I haven't heard any complaints or any praises. In the end, you probably wouldn't find anything to complain about when you use it.

Back