• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How fast will it go?

Joined
Jul 28, 2005
Messages
2,836
I'm a n00b to over clocking, but, maybe some of you would be willing to help me out.

I've got a Athlon 4000+ currently running at 2736.85mhz...

Can it go faster? I'm running it at 912mhz FSB, 228x12.

here's my CPUZ info:

http://www.2000transam.com/tmp/cpuz.htm

Change the FSB multiplier? up the memory voltage (currently 2.60v) , and then up the FSB?

Thanks in advance.
 
You want to lower the multiplier down to perhaps 9, just to see where the front side bus peaks out at. I am pretty sure, not certian, that the speed that you refer to as the front side bus is the hypertransport speed.
Haven't done didly squat with A64's but that is the textbook response . . . hope I passed.
 
Just for the record i hate you that you have a 4000+ (j/k)
Um what is your vcore and depending on that you can proly find out what your cpu can clock up to. but i think yout geting to the high end with air cooling.
 
Thanks for the replies..

Vcore is 1.568 via ASUS's PC Probe.

Temps are ( under 'working' load ) 43*/36*

I'm an old intel guy, and this is my first AMD chip.. FSB = HTT

Multiplier to 9... by what? 101, and go up from that?
 
Back
Top