How fast is your upload speed?

pow12thehead8ua.jpg

Like I stated before, I have the 3MB/256KB package with charter. I got close results with the other test I ran also. I had diablo2 going & I have a wireless connection in my room.

3mbps down/1mbps up - ~10% TCP overhead

I get around 2.7mbps real-world down, and 950kbps up.

I pay for 3000/640, but I only get 2000/400 tops, I'm calling my cable company next week and probably get 5000/800 :D

92mbps?? i thought a ds3 would rule in this thread... what the hell do you have??

FlatLine84 said:
1.3down/1.2up T-1

You know you have to post like MB or Mb after that to know what you are talking about, right.

Anyways, I dunno I should call the local cable isp in my area and see what deals they have, cause right now I'm paying 60$ a month for 3Mb/down and 768Kb/up.

If he has a T1, it's probably in Mbps since T1 are 1.5/1.5 max.

And $60? If i paid $60 a month to Comcast I'd be getting their 6Mbps/768kb line.

Staples said:
All you guys are posting theoretical speeds. Post the actual speeds. I had DSL with 1.5/128 but I never did get 1.5 mbits down.

Thats your problem...I have tested mine with a file that was over 100mb. After the DL was complete I averaged 4.2mbits down speed.

sculelos said:
You know you have to post like MB or Mb after that to know what you are talking about, right.

Anyways, I dunno I should call the local cable isp in my area and see what deals they have, cause right now I'm paying 60$ a month for 3Mb/down and 768Kb/up.

I shouldn't have to, it's common knowledge when somone is talking about a T-1 it's generally in mbp/s

PKFGimpy said:
Just load up bittorrent and read what it says, that's about as accurate as you're going to get for real-world performance. Bittorrent maxes out your upload bandwidth really really easily.

On my Shaw cable connection I have 60KB/s upload, but for another $10 per month I can upgrade it to 120KB/s upload.

It's depressing, cause 3 or 4 years ago, it was the regular rate that got every cable user 120KB/s upload :D (bytes not bits) Then the company got bought out by another cable company, and they cut the bandwidth in half :(

That is if you have a full-duplex connection, which most people do not have. Unless of course your sporting a T1 or higher. If not, bittorrent will be pretty inacurate.

BillLeeLee said:
If he has a T1, it's probably in Mbps since T1 are 1.5/1.5 max.

And $60? If i paid $60 a month to Comcast I'd be getting their 6Mbps/768kb line.

Well the reason is I don't have cable or a phone line so I pay 10$ a month extra unless I wanted satilite, but it has bad times also I'm on ADSL. (might drop my satilite tv for Cabletv and internet bundled togther soon though)

And I know I t1 lines generally get rated in Mb/s, I was just being stupid or something I guess.

4000/384

Comcast @ $45 per month.

Real world: Web d/l's get up to 480KB/s, uploads are always maxxed out at 45KB/s

EDonkey pulls anywhere from 200KB/s to 384KB/s, but the network has a lot of overhead.

Matt.

And the point of this thread is...? I'm looking at the forum title (Games & Gaming Equipment) and fail to see what upload speed has to do with gaming. You could have the fattest pipe in the world, but if your latency and packet efficiency isn't up to snuff it isn't going to do you a lot of good.

Y'all would do better by having an optimized TCP/IP stack and good routing tables. Otherwise, I'm just seeing a pointless ePenis measuring contest.

1794 kbps Down
4 kbps Up

Pretty sad, cool thing is i pay 60 Dollars a month for this shit :rolleyes:

2005-07-01 16:22:42 EST: 4052 / 354
Your download speed : 4150102 bps, or 4052 kbps.
A 506.6 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 362839 bps, or 354 kbps.

According to broadband reports, that's whats going through my PC atm. I'm on comcast cable up here in puget sound area of WA.

Comcast Cable
6Mbit/768Kbit
10 bucks a month.

They make me pay for the higher speed tier of service but I still get normal service free :)

Adelphia Cable ( Now Time Warner, supposedly):

6 Mb/s Down
512 kb/s Up

Whenever I test it though, I get:

6 Mb/s Down ( constantly)
800+ kb/s Up ( constantly)

:)

Sparky said:
9000/1000
Cox

Speed Test for the real world people are a little higher then advertised.

MySpeed Results
Download 9,154,352 bps
Upload 1,066,752 bps
Java is required.

3552/384
Bellsouth 'Xtreme'....lollers.

50/month but I get 15/mo off by bundling my local, local toll, and long distance.

Back