• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

how far will a E7200 go?

redbonefish

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
187
my friend is getting a rig and wants to buy an Intel E7200 cpu with it

i was wondering how much is average oc for it? (is it like 3.4ghz)

or should i just tell him to go get a e8400?
 
Pretty darn far. I'm running mine on air at 9.5 x 350 (3.33Ghz) and its rock solid stable, you can probably get a bit more out of it if you want.
 
380x9.5=3610
1.35vcore on mine
26c idle / 52c load
TRUE + S-Flex SFF21E + Zalman ZM-STG1
(14hrs Prime95 stable)

I could not get it to boot above 380fsb without putting vcore above VID spec (1.3625); I'd rather stay within safe voltage range.
 
Mine got to 4GHZ easily.

running at 425x9.5

I would say atleast 3.6ghz should be the bare minimum :D
 
wow guys! 3.6ghz sounds really good

one question would an artic cooler pro 7 be enough for that clock?
 
400 x 9.5 = 3800MHz, 1.26875 volts, temps 60c @ load.

I could break 4GHz easily, but I´m already satisfied with 50% OC.
 
I'm running at 3.2ghz with the stock Intel heatsink at 1.10v. I can do 3.53ghz at 1.28v but my temps get really high at a full Prime stress test. So, I keep it at 3.2 for now. However, with more cooling coming, I'm expecting better things at 1.35v. I know I can get a full 1ghz overclock. Not bad for a $120 chip.
 
I'm running at 3.2ghz with the stock Intel heatsink at 1.10v. I can do 3.53ghz at 1.28v but my temps get really high at a full Prime stress test. So, I keep it at 3.2 for now. However, with more cooling coming, I'm expecting better things at 1.35v. I know I can get a full 1ghz overclock. Not bad for a $120 chip.

wow that high with a stock cooler?

from what it sounds like i am guessing 3.6/3.8ghz will be easy
 
Pretty darn far. I'm running mine on air at 9.5 x 350 (3.33Ghz) and its rock solid stable, you can probably get a bit more out of it if you want.

I'm running exactly the same setting, because I didn't want to bother with higher voltages. Theres a long E7200 thread over at xtremesystems.org with people hitting 4 ghz more or less easily.
 
I'm running exactly the same setting, because I didn't want to bother with higher voltages. Theres a long E7200 thread over at xtremesystems.org with people hitting 4 ghz more or less easily.

wow thats pretty high!

is it worth getting a e8400 since they reach the same speeds almost?
 
the e8400 has more l2 cache i think double actually
so thats the only positive for that chip
i would get an e8400 if you can get a good deal
 
Back
Top