How easy to use router as a wireless network card?

Erasmus354

[H]F Junkie
The title says it all. I have a new desktop right now where at home the only way for it to connect to the network would be wirelessly. When I go back to school I need to get a router, and am planning on the WRT54G. My question is how easy would it be to connect my computer to that, and then use the WRT54G to connect to my houses current wireless network in order to get internet access.

I have lots of trouble all the time with getting networks to work, so if it would be difficult then I would rather buy a PCI wireless card and sell it later. If it is just as easy to use the router to connect to my wireless network card then I will go with that.

My mom already bought me the PCI card, but if using the router would be easy I would like to take it back to the store and trade it in for the router (both are about the same price :eek: )

Wow thanks! That information was great. I went to the store today and exchanged the wireless card for the router, as well as picking up a nice VF700-Cu to quiet down my video card. I followed the instructions on that page and without a hitch I have my computer connected now! :)

Back