• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How does this work?

Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
56
The card that is included can be used for fakeRAID aka not true hardware RAID. You will get terrible performance if you are running windows. Or you can just leave it as JBOD which means its just connecting the hard drives to your system and nothing else.

EDIT: If you plan on using software RAID on a *nix system then its a different story.
 
The card that is included can be used for fakeRAID aka not true hardware RAID. You will get terrible performance if you are running windows. Or you can just leave it as JBOD which means its just connecting the hard drives to your system and nothing else.

EDIT: If you plan on using software RAID on a *nix system then its a different story.

Thanks for the info.
How would I accomplish raid10 or 5 using that or something similar?
 
Thanks for the info.
How would I accomplish raid10 or 5 using that or something similar?

Just remember a real hardware raid card with a cache and BBU (without the write behind cache the write performance in raid 5 will suck) will cost 3 to 4 times what this unit costs for the raid card alone.
 
Dammit, I kinda figured, just trying to figure out a way to make this work.
I have a media center PC that I need 4-6+TB on and I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I want HD Redundancy!
 
Back
Top