• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How does this PSU look for my system?

Archer75

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 10, 2001
Messages
6,471
I'm alittle bit out of the loop when it comes to power supplies and my current one died. How does this one look for the system in my sig?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

I can actually pick it up locally which helps.

Or I can get this for $20 cheaper http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005

I've been doing some heavy bluray encoding lately which maxes out my CPU for days on end. Maybe that had something to do with killing my antec earthwatts psu.
 
Both are excellent PSUs and would work fine.

If you forsee upgrading in future, such as a new graphics card, it might be worth spending the extra $20 on the 750 so that it's more likely that you'll be able to reuse the PSU if the new component requires more power.
If not, don't worry about that and go for the 650.
 
Both are excellent PSUs and would work fine.

If you forsee upgrading in future, such as a new graphics card, it might be worth spending the extra $20 on the 750 so that it's more likely that you'll be able to reuse the PSU if the new component requires more power.
If not, don't worry about that and go for the 650.

This. Both are great but the 650TX is more than enough for your current system and even for a system with a decent video card.
 
I got the 750. It was only $20 more than 650 and I wanted to be prepared for future upgrades. Overkill, yes. But it will last me a very long time.
 
Which Earthwatts did you have? If it's 500W or higher, you should just RMA that and use the replacement. You may have had one fail on you, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you were overloading it.
 
Which Earthwatts did you have? If it's 500W or higher, you should just RMA that and use the replacement. You may have had one fail on you, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you were overloading it.

Oh I know I wasn't overloading it. But dead is dead and I need a PSU now. I'll still try to get a replacement for it if I can. I don't know how long their warranty is on it and i've had it for at least a year.
Yes, it was 500w.
 
The Earthwatts line has a 3-year warranty, so you're good to go. Personally, I'd recommend the 650W Earthwatts right now, since Newegg is selling it for $80 which is cheaper than any of the previous recommendations and it will still be plenty for your rig.
 
The Earthwatts line has a 3-year warranty, so you're good to go. Personally, I'd recommend the 650W Earthwatts right now, since Newegg is selling it for $80 which is cheaper than any of the previous recommendations and it will still be plenty for your rig.

I already bought the corsair 750. I have to get something I can get locally and that was the best in the area.
 
Back
Top