How does this cooling setup sound?

tdg

2[H]4U
I'm going to be building a new machine consisting of a Antec SX1000 case, Asus A7N8X board and Athlon 2800+ CPU and am thinking on using the following cooling setup.

Thermalright SLK-900A heatsink with Panaflo 92mm M1A 48 CFM fan on top.
2x 80mm Panaflo H1A 39 CFM intakes
2x 80mm Panaflo L1a 24 CFM exhausts

Does this sound like a good cooling setup for the 2800+ and probably a Radeon 9800? Any problems getting the SLK-900A to fit on a A7N8X board?

It should be fine. Now, If noise isn't an issue so get some vantec tornados. *insert sound of jet engine here*

Hmm, I don't remember which of the thermalright's are designed for the caps on the a7n8x, the a or the u series. But other than that, this looks good. But you might want to put this thread in overclocking and cooling forum next time :D

Originally posted by tdg
2x 80mm Panaflo H1A 39 CFM intakes
2x 80mm Panaflo L1a 24 CFM exhausts

I would put the fans with more CFM's in the back of the case as exhaust. Beyond that, it all sounds pretty good to me.

Is this good air cooling?

SLK900U + 80mm Smartfan2 @ 70cfm

In - 1 Smartfan 2 @ 70cfm, 1 25cfm fan

Out - 1 Smartfan 2 @70cfm, 1 25cfm fan, PSU

Originally posted by Pagan Wizard
I would put the fans with more CFM's in the back of the case as exhaust. Beyond that, it all sounds pretty good to me.

Maybe he wants to keep postitive pressure to reduce dust.

Originally posted by Pagan Wizard

I was kinda thinking the same thing, wouldn't you want to pushout more air than suck in?

I was also wondering the same thing Tegris. Only difference is that I am getting an Ax7 or an Alpha with a smart fan.

i would get the U so it mounts under the board. That 900 weights a ton, it's just more secure mounting it through the 4 holes. At 570g, it's enough to rip the socket from the board if the system is moved wrong.

im amazed no mobo company has made sockets from some really "rough" plastic and made them break-proof. Know what I mean? Would definitly be a wanted feature for someone who uses a h/s that clips on. (almost everyone)

I tryed using a panaflow on my slk800 with a duct, and the panaflow couldnt come close to the cooling of the tornado. And with the rest of the fans in my computer, it wasnt much quieter anyways. So I am back to the loud tornado. But man dose it cool. I get the same temps as my friend, who isnt overclocked, and i get the same temps with my axp 2100+ up to 2.29

well ithas been tested and from one of the results it says negitive pressure is better....EG faster fansgoing out then going in...maybe have the H's out and the L's in.... also i would get a DFI infinity instead of a asus...and maybe get a slkXX0 U not A so it stays on better....just idea's

Originally posted by Tengis
im amazed no mobo company has made sockets from some really "rough" plastic and made them break-proof. Know what I mean? Would definitly be a wanted feature for someone who uses a h/s that clips on. (almost everyone)

Its a lot cheaper to include mounting holes than re-engineer plastic...

Back