How does the TRUE 120 compare today?

alkemyst

Limp Gawd
I have a TRUE on my AMD 955 running at 3.75 and it's doing OK, I am getting ready to build a 2600K board and move it over. I have the universal bracket already.

My fans are Nidec D1225C12B5AP-53 (Gentle Typhoon D1225C12B5AP-15 OEM) tested at 58.3 cfm / 28dBA / 1850 rpm. I have them in push/pull exhausting below the PSU fan. I use Shin Etsu MicroSi G-751 paste.

Thanks
Å

Still one of the best. No longer the top, but the difference between it and the top is not that high.

What Tsumi said. It's still one of the best single tower 120mm fan coolers.

I have it on a 6700k and it's working well. Maybe not the best, but still very good and much better than something like a 212evo. You could also put two fans on it in push/pull if you need to.

Last edited:
Thanks, some were telling me it doesn't compare at all with modern heatsinks (I couldn't see how it didn't). I just built the motherboard/CPU/memory combo and have the new bracket installed. I am hoping to upgrade from my old system to the new one this weekend.

I tend to use the best coolers available at reasonable price because I plan to move them on to future builds, just like a good case and power supply can be used for future builds

I still have hung onto my TRUE 120 copper edition in hopes of somehow showing it off in a system. SO much bling!

Wish that copper was out when I bought mine. It's a heavy mofo.
There were only 1000 TRUE Cu coolers made. The really didn't cool enough better to make a difference, they just look cool-er. ;)

IDK exactly the TRUE120 but im using right now a TRUE140 vanilla not the power.. and this thing with two TY-147A works great, as good and noticeable quieter at full load as my old H100i push/pull..

IDK exactly the TRUE120 but im using right now a TRUE140 vanilla not the power.. and this thing with two TY-147A works great, as good and noticeable quieter at full load as my old H100i push/pull..
Indeed, the TRUE Spirit 140 versions are very good for their size .. and yes, similar cooling to 240mm CLCs and quieter too.

I'm using a TRUE Black 120 Rev, C on an old 1366 system, and I'm certainly planning on using it with a Ryzen when I go that route. Thermalright will sent you the AM4 mounting bits if you can locate a sales receipt. Bought mine from Newegg back in 2010 and I can get the sales info online (thanks Newegg!).

Back