• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How does the flickering reflected in the screen?

Jacoby

n00b
Joined
Nov 6, 2006
Messages
29
Hello, I recently purchased DELL 2007WFP, and I've heard about the flickering problem.
Well I think I have it and big time:
I'm using brightness under 50 (30-40), and even though that when a color which isn't black is on the screen (usually background but it's also seen in games) The color "flickers" and It's like black spots "ridding" on him.
I can replace the screen, but I really want to know if my experience is the flickering.

Thanks;)
 
Hello, I recently purchased DELL 2007WFP, and I've heard about the flickering problem.
Well I think I have it and big time:
I'm using brightness under 50 (30-40), and even though that when a color which isn't black is on the screen (usually background but it's also seen in games) The color "flickers" and It's like black spots "ridding" on him.
I can replace the screen, but I really want to know if my experience is the flickering.

Thanks;)

Is it more of a shimmering? Because that's might be the monitor 'flickering' individual pixels to simulate an in-between color. Which also sucks, actually, but it sounds like a different problem.
 
Is it more of a shimmering? Because that's might be the monitor 'flickering' individual pixels to simulate an in-between color. Which also sucks, actually, but it sounds like a different problem.
That's exactly my question ;) , I just can say that in TN screens I couldn't see that thing that I'm talking about.
 
Try using only desktop mode for everything...the multimedia and gaming modes seem to have some kind of dynamic contrast thing going on that could cause what you describe. Also...Dell uses a very aggressive anti-glare coating which takes some getting used to.
 
Try using only desktop mode for everything...the multimedia and gaming modes seem to have some kind of dynamic contrast thing going on that could cause what you describe. Also...Dell uses a very aggressive anti-glare coating which takes some getting used to.
Maybe that anti-glare thing is what I'm talking about?
I'm using only desktop mode.
I'll describe it again.. even in games I seem to see black dots flying around all over the screen and flickers my eyes.. the picture isn't completely smooth.
I'm worried about it because I've never seen someone complains about it, and I'm sure there are more meticulous guys than me..
 
Jacoby, I think you're seeing the same phenomenom that I've described multiple times in this forum already and that venm11 just described as shimmering. The artifacts that we're seeing and trying to describe are the result of the 6-bit pixels flickering very quickly between shades to simulate 8-bit color. This is performed by Frame Rate Control (FRC) and seems to be employed in all 6-bit TN panels. I've had the Samsung 226bw, MAG 22", and now HP w2207 and they all do it.

Given how few persons have complained about it, I can only imagine that some persons are more sensitive to it than others. Personally, I can't stand it, as any non-black or white shade or texture in game has this checkerboard-like effect overlaid on it. Also, on the desktop my eyes notice this moving checkerboard pattern when i dart my eyes, or scroll windows. It's very aggravating and I'm almost to a point of giving up on these 6-bit/FRC displays altogether. I think that FRC is a crappy technology. I'd rather live with 6 bit color, than 6 bit with FRC due to the motion artifacts.
 
Jacoby, I think you're seeing the same phenomenom that I've described multiple times in this forum already and that venm11 just described as shimmering. The artifacts that we're seeing and trying to describe are the result of the 6-bit pixels flickering very quickly between shades to simulate 8-bit color. This is performed by Frame Rate Control (FRC) and seems to be employed in all 6-bit TN panels. I've had the Samsung 226bw, MAG 22", and now HP w2207 and they all do it.

Given how few persons have complained about it, I can only imagine that some persons are more sensitive to it than others. Personally, I can't stand it, as any non-black or white shade or texture in game has this checkerboard-like effect overlaid on it. Also, on the desktop my eyes notice this moving checkerboard pattern when i dart my eyes, or scroll windows. It's very aggravating and I'm almost to a point of giving up on these 6-bit/FRC displays altogether. I think that FRC is a crappy technology. I'd rather live with 6 bit color, than 6 bit with FRC due to the motion artifacts.
I know about what you're saying but if he truly has a 2007WFP (and not the E207WFP) then he either has an S-IPS or S-PVA panel which are both 8-bit. I'm using a 2007WFP as we speak and I've never seen any "black dots" flying around the screen....it may be time for a RMA.
 
I know about what you're saying but if he truly has a 2007WFP (and not the E207WFP) then he either has an S-IPS or S-PVA panel which are both 8-bit. I'm using a 2007WFP as we speak and I've never seen any "black dots" flying around the screen....it may be time for a RMA.
What is RMA?
Well yes I have 2007WFP - S-IPS.
When you use a software do check dead pixels, on white \ red \ other bright colors, are these colors complete white \ red \ etc ?.. because I see those colors flooded by lots of flying black dots which flickers my eyes or sparkle my eyes.
 
What is RMA?
Well yes I have 2007WFP - S-IPS.
When you use a software do check dead pixels, on white \ red \ other bright colors, are these colors complete white \ red \ etc ?.. because I see those colors flooded by lots of flying black dots which flickers my eyes or sparkle my eyes.
RMA is "Return to Manufacturer Authorization" which means that you'll need to contact Dell for a replacement. If it has been less than 21 days since you took delivery then they will send you a new panel and then you return the one you have in the box the new one came out of. (shipping paid both ways) Of course...I am assuming you live in the US but if not then the procedure may vary.
 
OK I figured out that I can't replace it (I'm not in the US).
I Just wanted to know if I should see the a difference between the DELL 2007WFP and for example the LG 1970HR.
It seems that the LG has also this problem that I'm talking about but it's reduced from the DELL.
could it be just the aggressive anti-glare coating of the DELL?

I think that I'm stuck with this problem is because I thought that the DELL would be just as normal CRT (F900B)
 
Back
Top