how does the 3.2E overclock with good cooling?

RM_Bulldog

Gawd
i have decent water cooling, right now im running a 3.0C @ 1.71vcore and its 32c idle and 43C load i think i can keep the pressy under 50C anyway
so with decen cooling how far will your average 3.2E chip go... 3.8? 3.9? 4.0?
any chance in hell to hit 250 fsb?

Totally depends on your computer savy with memory timeings etc and the quality of your cpu. Why dont you oc yours and tell us the answer to your question... hmmm ? Also more in depth to get the average cpu oc' with your particular watercoold hardware which you dont tell us we would need to acquire every cpu within the mhz range you mentioned and test each one. Without doing this one can never know...and im sure alot of people would get mad if we took all the cpus in the mhz range you listed from peoples computers located in their house blocked by a locked door.

Shane said:
Totally depends on your computer savy with memory timeings etc and the quality of your cpu. Why dont you oc yours and tell us the answer to your question... hmmm ? Also more in depth to get the average cpu oc' with your particular watercoold hardware which you dont tell us we would need to acquire every cpu within the mhz range you mentioned and test each one. Without doing this one can never know...and im sure alot of people would get mad if we took all the cpus in the mhz range you listed from peoples computers located in their house blocked by a locked door.

There was no reason to post a reply that useless.

I don't think enough of us HAVE 3.2e's to really base a general opinion let alone from an overclocking standpoint. BUT I have seen a few people hit as far up as 4.0 on a good water setup *fairly* easily. I think more have hit around 3.8 respectfully on good air/water setups.

Good luck, tell us how yours does!

I am running a 3.2E with an XP-120/Sanyo Denki cooler. I still haven't pushed it very hard until I get it cooling as good as possible. Next and last step will be side duct as per Intel's recommendation and a top exhaust fan. I really hate cutting up a new Antec P160 but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Now back to your question, I run it at 3.6 (225fsb) at stock Vcore. I have had it to 3.840 (240fsb) with a bump of Vcore just under 1.5. Load XP fine but I did not test it much, just playing around killing some time. Like I said, I will wait until the cooling is the best first. But it is wicked quik at 3.6 :) with an X800<X800XT

And if someone can tell me HOW to get back the ability to change the Clock on my Max3, that Abit so kindly removed for som reason, I will gladly try a lower clock, 15 maybe, and really up the fsb. Right now I am really wasting an ES.

My 3.2e (D0 stepping) runs fine at 3.8 on air. I've seen water cooled setups that attain 3.9 and more.

that is what i had heard most that good air they go 3.6-3.8 decent water 3.9
custom water or vapo etc 4.0+ i think on the whole they do slightly better overclocking than there 3.2C cousin

I run my 3.2E at 3.8 with no problems. I can boot up at 4.01, but it is not stable in the least. 3.9 is a little better, but not completely stable either. I am on air cooling with the XP120. Voltage is ~1.5

ive been hearing those 3.2E scale reall well and since we are now seing ss3 start to make a diff i think ill nab one of these bad boys and who knows with anyluck i might be sporting a 4Ghz rig

RM_Bulldog said:
ive been hearing those 3.2E scale reall well and since we are now seing ss3 start to make a diff i think ill nab one of these bad boys and who knows with anyluck i might be sporting a 4Ghz rig

I second that, when i get mine!!!! :D

Intel will have another price cut before the end of the year and when they do i bet i can get a 3.2E for 190-200 bones

Back