• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How does Deus Ex 2 run on these new videocards?

Maulenstein

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
94
Well, I had Deus Ex 2 for the X-Box. I loved the game, except the framerate was unbearable to me (some parts unplayable.)

So now I'm getting my new computer, 6800GT videocard, 3200+ processor, and a gig of ram. Now I heard that the PC version doesn't run so "optimized" on the computer as well. But with these new cards, does the game go much better?

This may sound like a stupid question, and I'm sorry if it does, but I'm just curious.
 
My memory is kinda fuzzy but I recall at least one comparison review that used Deus Ex and it kinda choked everything from a 9800XT on down and the newer 6800/x800's didn't do a lot better. That game has serious engine issues..
 
same specs as you minus 512 of ram, runs great at 1600x1200 w/ full settings. actuallly, DX2 is a pretty decent PC game.

recluse
 
Maulenstein said:
Well, I had Deus Ex 2 for the X-Box. I loved the game, except the framerate was unbearable to me (some parts unplayable.)

So now I'm getting my new computer, 6800GT videocard, 3200+ processor, and a gig of ram. Now I heard that the PC version doesn't run so "optimized" on the computer as well. But with these new cards, does the game go much better?

This may sound like a stupid question, and I'm sorry if it does, but I'm just curious.

Well, it played fine for me on my 9500pro. FPS from 25-75 with all ingame detail settings on high, but no aa/af and at 1024/768. That was with the 1.1 patch only; I'd already played through 4x by the time 1.2 was released.......my ti4600 ran 10-45 at 800x600 with medium detail and no aa/af.........Oh, and no bloom on either...

Anyway, you should be fine. :)
 
I played the game all the way through on my P4 3.0ghz, 1Gig of Ram, and a radeon 9700 pro with all settings maxed in 1280X1024 (no AA or AF on though). Ran at about 20-30fps..

Id assume a higher end card would run the game perfectly, but their engine is pretty glitchy. Theif 3 is much better, though.
 
Back
Top