• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How does COD4 run on a X800XL?

Gabriel

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
2,179
Hi, I just ordered COD 4.
I have: AMD 64 3800+, 2 GB RAM, and a X800 XL PCI-E. Anyone with that card can tell me if it would run all right at 1680 X 1050 resolution on low settings, or will I need to wait until I upgrade my video card? Thanks.
 
My roommate is running it on a P4 3.4 with 1 gig of ram and a X700 at 1280X720 and it runs just fine. All he did was change the res so what ever the defaults are so prob at low.
 
The X800XL is pretty much as fast as a GeForce 6800GT, minus the SM3.0 support, so whatever the 6800GT runs it at you should get about the same performance.
 
It's actually faster, I played the demo with this card at 1680x1050, ran GREAT and looked great at the same time!
 
Yep, I ran the demo on my x800xt clocked to 560/550 and it ran well at 1280x960 with everything else at defaults. This game is awesome!
 
I like games that run well on old rigs like hl2 did 2 years ago and now cod4.
 
Back
Top