• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How does BFG do a lifetime warranty?

creedAMD

2[H]4U
Joined
May 29, 2000
Messages
3,861
What if my card dies in 10 years. Will they replace it with whatever they have at the time? ie the newest gen?
 
Yeah, but the card will be so old then that a $40 dollar card could probably replace it's performance, which is how I'm guessing they will replace it, by performance comparison and not by what you paid it.
 
From what I have read here in the forums they will replace it with the current model they are selling. For example, if you had a Ti 4600 (top of the line when it debuted) and it crapped out on you, they will replace it with the top of the line of today - i.e. 6800 Ultra.
 
That sounds a little ridiculous. What happens when 5 years after you get the replacement, that fails? Then theoretically you'd only ever have to pay for one video card ever.
 
fufet said:
That sounds a little ridiculous. What happens when 5 years after you get the replacement, that fails? Then theoretically you'd only ever have to pay for one video card ever.

That's what I'm talking about! I have a feeling they are going to keep some overstock for years to come.
 
PNY's Lifetime warrenty is for the lifetime of the product on the market. So as long as they keep selling the card they will honor the warrenty but as soon as its discontinued they will nolonger honor it.
 
fufet said:
That sounds a little ridiculous. What happens when 5 years after you get the replacement, that fails? Then theoretically you'd only ever have to pay for one video card ever.
I think it applies if it's not possible to get a new product. I would think a 4600 would be replaced by a 5900 at this point, not a 6800 Ultra.
 
PM Scott Herkelman (sp?)

He is something like Director of Marketing for BFG and frequents these forums. Also - read up on how they have taken care of people. I recall from these forums 2 examples:

1 broken Ti4600 ==> 5950
1 broken 5900 ==> 5950
 
Hmm...I should consider buying a retail BFG card and "breaking" it in a few years.
 
Maybe the lifetime warranty is the lifetime of your card, so if it dies the warranty becomes invalid... :)
 
My room mate (who refuses to do anything fun with his computer >_< ) recently had the fan on his BFG Geforce4 TI4600 fail, he sent it back to BFG (without any recepts or paperwork of any sort) and they returned to him a brand new GeForce FX 5900XT
 
creedAMD said:
That's what I'm talking about! I have a feeling they are going to keep some overstock for years to come.

my friend bought TWO BFG 5900NU's and they were both DOA, they finally ran out of the cards (this was when everyone was flashing them to 59590's ...) and they sent him a 5900U to replace his 5900NU because they had no NU's left ..... so your overstock idea is poopoo
 
Xrave said:
Hmm...I should consider buying a retail BFG card and "breaking" it in a few years.


I hate people like you....way to make it harder for those of us legit users to get an RMA chump.
 
The fan started freezing up and making noise on my Ti 4200-64MB card. I just wanted a new fan, but BFG sent me a new FX 5900XT-128MB card. Nice.

B
 
Visable-assassin said:
I hate people like you....way to make it harder for those of us legit users to get an RMA chump.
Yeah, when stuff gets abused it usually gets taken away :(
 
Visable-assassin said:
I hate people like you....way to make it harder for those of us legit users to get an RMA chump.

It was a joke :rolleyes:

And if it's a legit cause, then you should have no problem getting an RMA.
 
BFG Technologies is proud to warrant the original purchaser of the hardware product included in this package ("Product") that the Product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the product, when given normal wear and proper usage. This warranty is valid if the product:

>> Was not damaged while being installed.
>> Was not damaged by software or hardware from a company or individual other than BFG Technologies or by motherboard incompatibility.
>> Was operated in accordance with BFG Technologies specifications, instructions and any technical support directions.
>> Was not modified or damaged by overclocking, tampering, user error, accident, disaster, abuse, misuse, power supply, power application, alteration, repair, modification, a fix or replacement by someone other than BFG Technologies.
BFG Technologies' liability under this warranty, or in connection with any other claim relating to the Products, is limited to the repair or at BFG Technologies option, the replacement of the portion of the Products which were defective in material or workmanship.

You assume the risk of loss in transit and the returned Products shall be the sole property of BFG Technologies. BFG Technologies warrants the repaired or replaced Products will be free from defects in material or workmanship.

EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED ABOVE, BFG Technologies MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, OR OTHERWISE ON THE PRODUCTS, OR ANY PARTS OR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE OR OTHER LABOR FURNISHED.

BFG Technologies reserves the right to inspect and verify the defectiveness of any product returned. Please allow 48 hrs processing time once item has been received by BFG, and 3-5 days for shipping of the replacement product (shipped ground). This warranty does not apply to any software component.

http://www.bfgtech.com/tech_redux.html
 
Looks like I might be buying a BFG if I ever go back to Nvida. Good to see a company like this. :)
 
Timdog said:
Looks like I might be buying a BFG if I ever go back to Nvida. Good to see a company like this. :)


not only does their service kick ass.but their cards friggin rule
 
Timdog said:
Looks like I might be buying a BFG if I ever go back to Nvida. Good to see a company like this. :)

i HIGHLY recommend them. Although their service guys (I talked with them alot about my heat issues on the card) don't know as much as you'd think about their product, you could always get ahold of them easily, usually in less than 2-3 minutes!

Also, if you had a problem, just send in your card. You pay shipping to them and that's it...wait for your new card. Lifetime warranty...erm, that's a good deal, i'll take that too.

Service....Great Product...Availability...LIfetime warranty....

ya, so what's the question?
 
Don't mention availibility to me. I've had my 6800 Ultra OC ordered for a month now. Everything else is fine tho. Still, the wait is killer.
 
Back
Top